Chapter 6: To Bark is to Bite

The previous 2 chapters were private (only followers can read), note that the whole story is not going to be on Wattpad, but most of it will be! Haven't edited it since Dec 18, 2015 and it's almost 2018 now! Wow, time flies!

Purchase this story here:

https://www.amazon.com/Girl-That-Didnt-Explode-Bliss-ebook/dp/B075R5QC8C/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1512329772&sr=8-2&keywords=veronica+soliman

___________________________________________________________________________

"Hey, Pure, I hope you don't mind me asking if you'll stay afterschool with me today. " Christian asked, a smirk on his face. " I have basketball practice and since we're neighbors, I thought we should walk home together." He had a hopeful smile on his face.

"Yeah, sure, but I don't know if that would be ok with Eleanor." I said, mumbling Eleanor's name in fear that she'd hear me.

"Don't worry about Elly, she's all bark and no bite." Christian said as we walked to the gymnasium.

I warned you. Her voice played over and over in my head.

I took a seat on the bleachers. Moments later, I noticed Drew walk in with Ashley. They were holding hands. My heart ached because I knew I could never have something like that for myself. I tried to cover up my disgust as the thought of my parents replaced them.

Drew jogged to the locker room, to change I presume, as Ashley saw me sitting on the bleachers.

"Hey Pure!" She yelled from across the gym. I waved at her awkwardly, trying not to make a big deal over the fact that everyone was watching.

I scanned the gym for Christian, but my heart fell into my ribcage and broke when I saw Eleanor approaching him.

I'd barely met the guy, but I somehow ended up feeling jealous.

Ashley followed where my eyes were aimed at, but she stayed silent.

The other boys, including Drew were doing their stretches and shooting some hoops.

My eyes widened as I saw his hands on her waist. She wrapped her arms on his neck as they seemed to sway in place. She hopped up and kissed him and walked back to the bleachers.

And you can guess who she sat next to? Ashley and I.

I warned you. Her voice repeated in my head. She might've been all bark to Christian, but to me, she was all bite. And that scared the heck out of me.

"Hi Pure, Hey Ash," She sat beside Ashley as they began talking about their hair extensions and new Armani clothes and then I sort of zoned out.

An hour and a half later, their practice was over and I was bored out of my mind. Eleanor never gave me a chance to talk and even when Ashley tried to include me in the conversation, Eleanor shut me down and changed the subject. So I sat quietly waiting for Christian so we could walk home together.

I glared at my feet as I sat on the bleachers. Feet are so lucky, they get to be on the ground, they don't have to talk all the time, they just get to be there and everyone knows they're on the ground, but people don't seem to care.

"Hey do you have a mirror?" One of the basketball boys said, approaching us on the bleachers.

"No." I stated, "Why? There are mirrors I'm the locker room?"

"Because I see myself in your pants." He smirked, giving himself permission to check me out.

"Aw, that's gross Brad, enough with the sexual jokes already." Ashley said, between laughs. "They don't work with you." Brad chuckled, then walked out of the gym with Ashley and Drew.