Chapter 23: Prom Night

"You look beautiful honey." Mom said, standing at my bedroom door as I stared at the blue-eyed girl standing in the mirror. She was beautiful tonight, her hair was curled in an exquisite way. Her pink dress had a tight silk waist, beaded at the center and opened to a short, silky, princess poof with engrained flowers at the hem.

"Thanks mom." I smiled at her as she stepped inside, patting my shoulder.

"Where's your date?" She asked, staring at me like I was the only thing in the world.

"He'll be here in a few minutes." I smiled at her widely, unable to contain my smile. The bright lights in my room causing a faded shadow to form below me. It looked like a doll.

"You're taking that cute boy next door aren't you?" Mom gave me a knowing grin.

"Yeah mom." I looked at her, blushing as we began walking down the stairs.

"Oh, hold on, let me get my camera!" She squealed, rushing toward the kitchen.

I smiled to myself, I felt pretty for once in a long time.

Knock. Knock.

My adrenaline pumped through me like a shark attack. I walked to the front door, a wide grin on my face.

I stood in front of the door and took a deep breath.

"Hey," He grinned, he was leaning against the wall with his arms crossed, looking as though he could be a model.

"Christian." I could barely whisper his name, he looked absolutely incredible in his black tuxedo, his brown eyes shined brighter than normal.

"You are so beautiful." He handed me a pink corsage, placing it on my wrist as a bright flash caught my attention.

"Don't mind me kids, I'm just trying to keep you in the moment." Mom grinned goofily as she took another picture of us.

A half hour and one thousand pictures later, mom let us leave.

"Bye Pure," my mom said, pulling me in for a hug, "Have fun at Prom sweetie." She kissed my cheek and let me go. My eyes struggled not to cry. She finally called me by my real name.

I stepped outside the beach house and onto the driveway, a limo was parked on my driveway! A limo!!

"You didn't." I smiled in disbelief, staring at the long beautiful car.

"I did." He whispered, kissing my cheek as he held the door open for me.

The stars began to trail their shiny paths onto the sky as the sky roof opened up. Everything was magical, beautiful, and unbelievable.

We arrived at the hotel where Prom was being held. It was the Vilma Hotel. I smiled at the memory of this place, and of course the zoo, who could forget the zoo?

"My lady," Christian said, as he stepped out of the limo and waited for me to take his hand. I pulled myself out of the limo, hoping I could come back to it later. "Shall we?"

"We shall." I grinned at him, I felt like a child.

We stepped inside the beautiful room entry way, the stairs were covered in pink and purple and blue balloons, there was a colorful disco ball above our heads, season colorful lights across the room. Music blazed on as more people entered the hotel.

"I'll go get some punch for us." Christian smiled warmly, releasing my hand.

"Ok." I grinned.

"Let's hope it's spiked," he winked. This felt like something my father would say to my mother, I didn't know how to react. Smile and nod. Smile and nod.