jackie's first day of school

Getting ready for school was not one of Moon's strong suits and Jackie had started to learn this

Getting ready for school was not one of Moon's strong suits and Jackie had started to learn this. While Jackie was getting her backpack sorted, Moon was lying in bed watching Tiktoks. "Moon, are you ever going to get up?" Jackie says "If you don't get up soon, we're going to be late."

"It takes me ten minutes to get ready" Moon says with a shrug "I picked out my outfit last night so I just need to get that on, the only makeup I do is eyebrow gel and mascara which takes a couple minutes and then I don't need to do my hair 'cause it's in braids and I need to brush my teeth which takes two minutes."

"What about breakfast?" Jackie asks. She was always one to get up early to get ready for school as she had a lot on her morning routine, so seeing that Moon starts to get ready ten minutes before they had to leave was not normal for her.

"Isaac or Alex normally grab me something to eat in the car" Moon says with a shrug. Normally, she just didn't eat breakfast at all, but Isaac and Alex were worried about how little she is eating and made sure she had something to eat before school.

"Moon, ten minutes!" Isaac shouts through the door, signalling Moon to get up and start getting ready.

"Thanks Isaac!" Moon shouts back, like she does every morning as she quickly does her morning routine and walks downstairs.

"Moon, here's a bagel with Nutella" Alex says with a smile, knowing that Moon will eat anything to do with chocolate.

"Thank you, my dear" Moon says to her best friend with a smile as the two walk out of the house and over to the car. The Walter boys and Moon always sat in the same seats in the car: Danny and Cole in the front, Alex and Nathan in the middle and Lee, Moon and Isaac in the back. Moon had no idea why they always sat in the same seats, but they did.

"Come on New York, get in" Cole says to Jackie, who just walked out of the house. Moon knew that behind the cold-hearted jackass, Cole was a good person, he just never showed it very much. The only time Moon has seen Cole being a genuine person was when he found out what was happening to Moon at home. She hasn't seen that side of him since.

"I don't really care about school, but we're going to be late" Isaac complains. While he didn't care about school, Moon did, which is why he brought it up. Isaac knew he treated Moon different to other girls, he didn't know why he did, he just did. There was something about Moon that he was just drawn to but he just couldn't think of what it was.

"We'll be on time" Moon says to Isaac "We've got like twenty minutes before we have to be there. It's all good."

TIME SKIP BY ALEX AND ISAAC BEING MOON'S FAVOURITE PEOPLE

"Hey guys, we got a full car today, so that means Isaac, no offering rides to random cheerleaders" Cole says, which makes Moon roll her eyes. After Cole, Isaac was the Walter boy who was able to get the most girls and it annoyed Moon. She didn't like him in that way, but it just annoyed her seeing Isaac with another girl.

"Okay!" Isaac says as Moon climbs into the middle seats and sees Lee holding the door open for her.

"Thanks Lee" Moon says, which Lee just smiles in return before closing the door behind Moon.

"Hey and we leave at three thirty. Okay?" Cole announces.

"Don't close the door, Alex." Isaac says to Alex.

"Close it! Close it!" Moon says to Alex with a smile, and he does as Moon says.

"Moon, why did you have to tell him that?" Isaac says as he opens the car door. Alex and Moon always teamed up to annoy people, especially Isaac. Moon just knew what annoyed Isaac and what didn't, so they picked on Isaac most of the time.

"Hey, Jackie, you okay?" Moon asks, after she opens the door again, to see Jackie still sat in the car.

"I'm fine" Jackie says to Moon as Nathan and Danny walk over to the car door, also noticing that Jackie is still in the car.

"We'll show you were your class is" Nathan says with a small smile. Out of all of the kids; Danny, Nathan and Moon were the most sympathetic towards Jackie. Well, they were the three that were more open about their sympathy towards the girl.

"Really?" Jackie asks.

"Can't have you getting lost on your first day" Danny says to Jackie, before she finally gets the courage to get out of the car.

"So, what do you think?" Cole asks as he sees Jackie staring at the school.

"It's... big" Jackie says, still staring at the school.

"Moon, come on! We're going to be late" Isaac complains again. Moon and Isaac have most of their classes together, which they didn't understand since Moon was a lot smarter than Isaac, but they liked it.

"Okay, I've got to go but I'll see you at lunch" Moon says to Jackie "If you're having any problems my locker number is 106 so you can tell me and I'll try and help you."

"Thanks" Jackie says with a smile before Moon walks over to Isaac.

"What's got you in a mood today?" Moon asks Isaac "You're complaining a lot."

"I'm not in a mood" Isaac says as he throws his arm over Moon's shoulders. Whenever Moon and Isaac are together, he always has his arm over her shoulders or they're holding hands. Everyone in school thought they were together until Isaac starting flirting with a lot of cheerleaders. The rumor got shot down very quickly "I just don't want to get detention for being late."

"Whatever you say Isaac" Moon says with a smile as the two walk into school together.

1002 Words