snitching

During dinner you could tell that there was tension, Katherine and George were being quiet, and that definitely wasn't normal

During dinner you could tell that there was tension, Katherine and George were being quiet, and that definitely wasn't normal. Moon could tell that someone had snitched about the bet and it wasn't her. Snitching was a thing that the Walter boys take very seriously and Moon had to learn that the hard way. Long story short, she has not snitched on any of them since. "Is there anything left?" The first words of dinner were said with Cole and Jackie walking into the house together "'Cause I am starving."

"You know you're supposed to call when you're running late, right?" George asks his son "I mean that's the whole reason you have a phone."

"Where have you guys been?" Katherine asks, more worried than annoyed.

"Yeah, we, uh went to the watering hole" Cole answers, stuffing his mouth with food. One thing that made Moon cringe was when people talked with their mouths full. She couldn't explain it, but she hated it "Lost track of time."

"Listen, I..." Jackie goes to say but gets interrupted.

"Excuse me, Jackie" George says to the girl, not looking away from Cole "Hey, Cole, do you know anything about a bet with Isaac this morning?"

"No. No, doesn't ring a bell" Cole says, not snitching on anyone.

"Seriously, Cole?" Katherine asks, disappointment laced in her voice.

"It was a joke, okay?" Cole says.

"Maybe ask Jordan what he's got on his camera" Alex brings up, making Moon look at him.

"Dude, seriously?" Lee asks, being very annoyed that Alex snitched.

"You had to bring me into it?" Jordan asks at the same time as Lee, rolling his eyes.

"You know none of them are going to speak to you now, right" Moon whispers to Alex "You don't know how long it will be. For me it was weeks. Weeks, Alex!"

"I don't care" Alex whispers back to Moon "It'll be a nice break from them."

"I have to fix my hair" Jackie announces, going upstairs.

"I promised I'd help her, so" Moon awkwardly says, grabbing a plate of food for Jackie before running upstairs, to see Jackie in their room "I brought your food."

"Thank you" Jackie says with a small smile.

"So, you and Cole went to the watering hole?" Moon asks Jackie.

"Yeah, we did" Jackie says "It was, nice."

"Jackie" Moon says with a sigh, getting the hair dye out from her bag "When it comes to girls, Cole isn't the best person ever. He'll get what he wants from you and then just leave. I wouldn't go there with him if I was you. Isaac is the same as well."

"Is that why you and Isaac aren't together?" Jackie asks Moon.

"It's what has put me off liking him, yes" Moon answers honestly "If he treated girls better than maybe I would, but he doesn't. I just want someone who I know will treat me right, you know? And you should want that too."

"I do" Jackie says to Moon "And Cole was just being nice."

"Cole is only nice to girls when he wants something from them" Moon warns Jackie "I've only seen him be nice once in the past year I've been here and that's because he found out what my dad was doing it me. Look, Cole has a good heart and I know he does, but he just doesn't want to be good and that is what should make you stay away."

"Okay" Jackie says with a small sigh.

"Anyways, let's fix this hair, yeah?" Moon asks Jackie, changing from the very serious conversation.

594 Words
Hey, sorry this is a short chapter, just had to rush it since it is Christmas Eve. Hope everyone has a good Christmas tomorrow! I'll try to post a new chapter if I am free anytime tomorrow.