katherine's award

Moon didn't own any fancy dresses

Moon didn't own any fancy dresses. For one, her family could never afford one, and two, she's never thought she needed one. She didn't want to waste her's or anyone else's money on something that she thought she was never going to wear, but now, she wishes she did, because she doesn't have anything to wear for Katherine's award. "What's happened?" Jackie asks Moon, who is lying face down on her bed.

"I don't have anything to wear" Moon says, lifting her head from her bed "I don't own any fancy dresses."

"Luckily for you, I do" Jackie says opening her wardrobe, getting a light purple corset dress out, knowing purple is Moon's favourite colour "My mom designed this dress last year and gave it to me, but I never thought it was my thing."

"Jackie" Moon says with a smile as she gets up to get a closer look at the dress "It's... it's beautiful."

"And now it's yours" Jackie says with a smile.

"Jackie, it was from your mom" Moon says, feeling a bit guilty "I-I-I couldn't."

"Just think of it as a thank you present for everything you've done for me since I moved here" Jackie says as Moon still feels guilty "Honestly, Moon, I want you to have it. Now try it on."

"Okay" Moon says with a smile before Jackie turns around so Moon can put the dress on "So, how does it look?" Moon asks, making Jackie turn back around.

"Moon, that dress was made for you" Jackie says with a smile, making Moon smile back, but as she was going to say something back there was a knock at the door.

"Are you two decent in there?" The voice of Isaac shouts through the door, making Moon and Jackie smile at each other.

"We're good, Isaac" Jackie says, making Isaac open the door, staring at Moon with wide eyes. He had never seen Moon so dressed up before, but looking at her now, he didn't know why she hadn't before.

"Moon, you look..." Isaac starts to say, trying to think of a word he could use "You look beautiful."

"Thank you" Moon says with a smile "You look great too."

"Oh, um, Jackie, Alex is wanting to know if you're ready" Isaac tells Jackie.

"Tell him I'll just be a minute" Jackie says with a smile "Thanks Isaac."

"No problem" Isaac says with a smile, before giving Moon one last glance and leaving the room.

"See, Isaac agrees with me" Jackie says with a smile before picking up the extra credit work for Cole.

"You know Alex will not be happy when he realises you lied to him about the extra credit work?" Moon asks Jackie "You should have just told him."

"I was nervous, okay?" Jackie tells Moon "Alex and Cole already hate each other, I don't want them to be arguing over some extra credit work."