- chapter 5

should've picked up the phone, but my pride got in the way...

NOTTI HUFFED as he pulled down his ski mask, putting his hood over his head and gripping onto the hoodie he wore as the cold air hit him

he ignored anything dd and ddot were saying as the three walked, his mood being thrown off just by the weather being cold.

reaching the end of the street, the three stopped and ethan looked up, his eyes moving over to the other side of street like usual.

lani stood, smoothing down the skirt she wore with one of her hands as the other scrolled on her phone. she ignored any looks she got from the older men that walked by her, not even bothering to look up.

he narrowed his eyes as he looked at her, watching as she jumped as she heard, "kai baby!"

Alaina walked up to her, wrapping her arms around the girl as loren followed behind her, the two wearing the same uniform as kailani.

notti felt someone bump into him, causing him to take his eyes off the girl and to his brother and friend.

"dd, bro." ddot shook his head, smacking his lips as he moved away from notti.

"i'm sorry, my heart—"

"you can't stand straight or somethin?" ddot cut dd off, mugging him.

notti shook his head, tuning them out once again, moving his eyes back to kailani.

cee and zayn were now standing with the girls.

he watched as loren pushed cee away from her, alaina and him laughing as zayn wrapped his arms around kailani.

his eyes squinted, watching as the two pulled away but zayn still kept his hand on her arm.

he smiled down at the girl, saying something before kailani laughed, slightly looking away.

"fuck?" notti mumbled.

THE GYM of ethan's high school was extremely loud, as everyone that sat in the bleachers were having conversations as they waited for the game to start.

he fixed his jersey as he sat on the bench, his body turning as he searched the large room for darrian.

loud laughing made him turn his head to the bleachers near him, watching as Kailani jogged away from alaina, and stopped in front of zayn who stood near the stairs of the bleachers.