- chapter 7

couldn't right my wrongs, so i was writing songs..

THE ROOM felt sort of awkward

THE ROOM felt sort of awkward. alaina invited kai, loren, and cee over to her house to have a sleepover.

alaina loved sleepovers. it might sound kid-ish, but she was only a teenager, and she enjoyed spending as much time as she could with her close friends.

it was normal for the four to have sleepovers. alaina always insisted they had a sleepover every once in awhile.

only this time, cee had pleaded for alaina to invited notti, dd, ddot, and zayn.

and after what felt like hours of convincing, she had finally gave in.

and now the large group sat in alaina's basement.

usually the group would just sleep in alaina's room, it was large enough for the four usual friends.. but now that there was eight, they had to move to the basement.

it was decorated with many lights, a couch that was in front of the large tv, shelves that had many snacks, and another that had folded blankets, and then a mini fridge.

however, the room was very cold.

kailani sat crisscrossed, hugging the blanket closer to herself with one hand, as the other scrolled on her phone, watching instagram reels.

zayn had his chin laid on her head, his arms wrapped loosely around her as he watched the videos with her.

david held onto his phone with one hand, the other waving around as he rapped the lyrics he had wrote down on his notes.

he looked up occasionally, as darrian and ethan nodded their heads, silently giving him their approval.

loren and alaina watched the boys, glancing at each other occasionally as they listened to him rap the harsh drill lyrics. they watched as he sat down out of breath, and darrian took his spot.

ethan's eyes drifted from his close friend, and to the pair that was sat away from everyone else.

he was annoyed with how the two hadn't left each others side the entire time.

kailani had barely glanced his direction, and she didn't even greet him whenever he got there.

he didn't understand why the two had came in the first place, if they weren't going to hangout with the rest of them.

the mug on his face was visible, but alaina was the only one that had noticed. she looked in the direction he was looking, realizing he was mean mugging kailani and zayn, and smacked her lips.

she slapped his chest, causing his face to falter for a second, before he mean mugged her.

"stop looking at them." she spoke lowly, but loud enough where he could hear her over darrian's rapping.