Sphinx

The heroes managed to claim the book alive but the only problem is where to hide it from the Pharaoh. The Sphinx gives out very hard riddles to mortals that can't figure out. The creature rises up and starts making one riddle.

"I never was. Am always to be. No one ever saw me, nor ever will. And yet I am the confidence of all who live and breathe. What am I?" The Sphinx asked for the correct answer.

The heroes have to get this right or it will kill them.

"Ummmmmm....You're Tomorrow?" Black Sphinx guessed.

"Oh, bother. No one could ever get it right. What do you mortals seek?" The Sphinx asked.

"We seek for you to protect the Book of the Dead from the Pharaoh" Red Scarab said.

"Very well. That book is cursed to bring a dark plague across Egypt" The Sphinx said.

"And that is why we cannot let the pharaoh use this to bring his wife back," Red Scarab said.

"There will be consequences," The Sphinx said.

"He's beyond grief. A life for a life. Someone must be sacrificed in order to gain the dead to full health" Black Sphinx gave to book to the beast.

"And that is why the pharaoh cannot lose his son to trade that life for his wife. Without the descendant, there will be no new pharaohs to come in the next generation" Red Scarab said.

"Of course," The Sphinx said.

"The book! Now!" The soldiers of the Pharaoh have followed them to the Sphinx's lair.

"Damn it! The pharaoh is really that desperate!" Red Scarab growled.

"We must escape!" Black Sphinx said.

"No! If they all live, they will send news to the pharaoh! They must die! Today!" The Sphinx said, breathing fire out of its mouth.

"Alright, Let's seal them in the tomb!" Black Sphinx agreed.

The soldiers on fire were trying to grab them for as long as they stood before the fire burned them alive.

"CATACLYSM!" Black Sphinx touched the pillar to collapse the ceiling above them.

"Make sure they are all dead!" Red Scarab said.

"You got it. Protect the book!" The Sphinx resumes its duty.

"I hope you still have your nine lives for centuries to keep up!" Black Sphinx said, firing his arrow at the burning soldier.

"Lucky charm!" Red Scarab summoned her charm.

"An oil lamp?" She got confused.

"Isn't oil a fire's drink to grow more flames to burn?!" Black Sphinx said.

"Ah yes!" Red Scarab said and lit it up, "Sphinx, use your fire breath one more time!"

The Sphinx nods as Red Scarab tosses the lamp at the soldiers.

"TAKE COVER!" Black Sphinx tackled his partner as the lamp exploded.

The Sphinx shielded the heroes with its wings. When the fire ceased, the soldiers were burnt into ashes.

"Shit! They are burned alive. That's the worst way to die" Black Sphinx said.

"Yeah. I can't believe I did it" Red Scarab said.

"Are you both all right? Nothing burned?" The Sphinx moves his wings away.

"We're alright," Red Scarab said.

"I've seen worse when they say don't play with fire or get burned," Black Sphinx said.

"Good. The book's safe as well" The Sphinx said.