Lives Trapped

Adrien hated being told by his father to act as the future pharaoh on the throne and be polite to merchant traders from around the world coming here to trade and exchange. They were coming with spices, jewelry, and other things. If the trade was good, they got gold in exchange.

"Next," Adrien said, looking bored with this all day while his father was probably plotting his evil scheme with Set again.

"Here's something you'll like, directly from Greece" One trader showed him a vase with Greek warriors on it.

"Beautiful and very delicate. I heard stories of the gods like our own gods" Adrien takes a look at it.

"Thank you, Your Majesty," The trader said.

"We'll take it" Adrien snaps his finger for his guards to trade with gold.

"Thank you" The trader accepts it.

"Next. What do you have?" Adrien asked the next trader.

"I got gems and crystals for you," The other trader said.

"Lovely. They would do great in designing" Adrien accepted it and his servants traded with gold. He placed the gems and crystals aside.

"Thank you all for coming. It's lovely gifts to trade and exchange" Adrien said, being as polite as possible to get this over with. Many of the traders bowed to him.

Adrien leaves the throne room to finally go outside for some fresh air, "At last" He stops at the balcony.

"You always hate to be in a world of hell tormenting you" Felix snickered.

"It's not funny. You know what my father is up to. Who knows if he provoked the gods, they could send plagues to destroy Egypt" Adrien said.

"Like diseases, pests, and so forth," Felix said.

"It's a lot worse than natural disasters, Felix. It's happened before" Adrien said.

"I know. Nearly wiped us all out" Felix replied.

"The evil gods would do much worse. They don't care for mortals like us" Adrien said and Plagg walked up to him and nuzzled his leg.

"Hey, pal. I know I'm doing my best to one day free the slaves. It's only a matter of time before the one I know gets whipped out of shape" Adrien sighs.

"You need to get your royal ass out there, man. One of these days, you're gonna have to face your father before something else happens" Felix said.

"He can punish me a lot whenever I don't do things his way," Adrien said.

"Not for long," Felix said.

"I'm just a child, Felix. Adults are much superior" Adrien plays with his cat ring.

"Yeah, but Tutankhamun became a pharaoh at nine," Felix said.

"Way too young," Adrien said.

"Yup," Felix agreed.

-

With Marinette, she was at the market. She wanted a break from being forced to build the statue of Adrien. Even if she never met him face to face, she still hates the royalties. To clear her head, she took a stroll down the river. Closer to the Nile River for people to get a drink of water. She scoops some water up in her hands to drink.

"Hey, girl. Still thinking about that good-looking prince?" Alya came to join her.

"No. Why bother building a statue of him? Or even a temple?" Marinette denied.

"I see what's the problem. You just don't know he's trapped in his world the same way we are" Alya said.

"Should I be worried? Absolutely not" Marinette ate her grapes.

Red Scarab and Black SphinxOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara