13 • hairpin

The Queen ran around the palace, searching everywhere for the two of you. After all neither of you returned in the night and the court ladies informed the Queen of this in the morning. She was deeply worried something could have happened.

The two of you woke up , later than usual. However it wasn't like the time before. The two of you just looked at each other as you laid in bed. Smiling at each other. He kissed your forehead in a soft and caring manner. You felt so comfortable.

"Good morning." Seongnam smiled to you.

"Good morning, my prince." You smiled back , a little teasing tone at the end of your greeting. He just laughed a little.

"I'm glad we were able to talk and move forward. I was so angry last night when I found out about all of this." Seongnam admitted , he held your hand brushing his finger across your jade rings that symbolised your bond.

"Were you angry at me?" You asked quietly , something inside of you worried that he still was.

"Oh no, towards my stupid eunuch who thought it was suitable to not let me know that Ms Kim was begging to talk to me. It angered me so much." He let out. You had seen him angry for sure but something about his eyes was different as he said this, nothing you had seen before well definitely nothing he had ever directed to you. "But everything's okay now."

"You're right , everything worked out for the best." You smiled at him.

"Well it could get even better." He smiled as he pulled you closer. You just deadpanned.

"No." You said about to get up, he pulled you back into his embrace.

"I love how you know what's on my mind."

"I don't love that."

"What's wrong? It will happen one day."

"One day isn't today though, I'd rather have a child after a little more time. Plus I never realised you were so eager for an heir."

"I'm not eager for an heir, I'm eager to increase our bond. A child would show our love to everyone." He smiled sweetly. "Plus don't you want to rub it in that idiot Uiseongs face."

"Ah so there's the real reason." You laughed. "We should probably get up... Ms Kim will be worried." You said as you got up. "Does anyone know you left?" You spoke as you got dressed. There was no reply though. You turned around.

"I was too busy trying to get to you quickly , I completely forgot about it." Seongnam said thinking about the events last night but he brushed it off, not bothered or aware of his actions consequences.

The two of you took a stroll through the streets of the city , heading back to the palace. It was a comfortable walk and felt like the two of you were actually in a relationship rather than a forced marriage. There weren't any strict rules.

Seongnam stopped at a stall, picking up a green hair pin. You looked at him, patiently waiting for him to finish his penniless shopping. However he turned to you and placed it in your hair.

"Green really does suit you." He smiled as he looked at you lovingly. He turned to the shopkeeper. "How much?"

"200." Seongnam didn't even hesitate nor question it, passing on the exact amount to the shop keeper. You were shocked, not because of his actions but the fact the pin cost that much. Unless it was real jade there was no way that would be the cost.

"Excuse me" you grabbed the money before the shop keeper held it all. "Is the pin real jade?"

"Yes. Why else would the price be so high?" The shopkeeper replied as if it was obvious.