23 • seongnam's first love

When you were 15 and Seongnam was 16.

- - - - -

"Lady Y/n is returning today, that means she will be here this afternoon for tea. I hope you are all on your best behaviour." The Queen announced to her sons, looking directly at a certain member of the group. Seongnam wasn't an ill behaved child , but he found a way of getting into messy scenarios and for some reason whenever you were around he exercised his ability to be more blunt and ruthless.

"We haven't seen Y/n for over a year now, I wonder how different she will be." Gyeseong pointed out the large time gap.

"I wonder if someone still takes a fancy to her." Muan teased his older brother.

"It wasn't a fancy, I had caught the sun that day. It just so happened Y/n was more bearable than usual so I decided to be kind. It was nothing more than that." Seongnam defended his side, despite the whole issue taking place 6 years ago.

"Lady Y/n may come back and be completely different to when you last saw her, so be polite. She had become a young woman now." The Queen added as her court ladies prepared the table for you and your father to join her. "Ilyoung and Gyeseong, you two can go off and attend your studies. However I would like Muan and Seongnam present, it's time you both began understanding how these casual meeting take place." It didn't take long for the younger two to leave , leaving the older two by each side of the Queen.

"Don't worry brother, she may have even found a husband in her travels." Muan teased.

"Enough! I do not like her, not even as a friend! She's cruel and ugly as well as an idiot!" Seongnam let out annoyed. He wanted to hide it, mainly because he didn't want any of it to be true. He didn't want to fall for you. He didn't want his heart to beat faster every time he saw you, so he denied it all. And after years of not seeing you, he believed he was over it all.

"Grand Prince Seongnam! You must never speak about a lady in such way!" The Queen corrected her son. "Those are your opinions and you must learn to keep them to yourself as many do not agree with them and they can bring you trouble."

Just as the Queen finished her sentence the doors opened revealing your father with you next to him. Seongnam looked over confused, you weren't as he remembered you. Just like his mother said. You already looked so much different. He had grown so he wasn't shocked you may have too but it was different, before your beauty didn't stand out although you weren't ugly it was nothing that made people catch their breath in their throats. But now you had grown into your features, and they all complemented you greatly. Caring the fierce nature of the Park family's genetics and the softness of a noble lady's upbringing. He couldn't even control his stares as you and your father walked to sit across from him. You had changed so much, now wearing colours that complemented you rather than the pastels of a young girl. Your posture was upright and no longer relaxed and unruly. You had become a woman.

"Seongnam? Are you listening?" The Queen asked her son as he stared at you, he was brought out of his daze but was very confused. He looked at you again, you finally noticing his stare. You looked almost like a confused cat as your eyes slightly widened but you composed yourself before anyone could properly pick up on it. Cracks of the old you noticeable in details.

"Sorry mother, I got lost in thought. It nice to see you again Lord Park." Seongnam greeted your father. "You too lady Y/n." He finished giving you a small glance before focusing on your father.

The chats continued, neither of you giving your full attention to the other but there were a few times you caught eachother glancing. Not out of any romantic interest, but instead in curiosity of anymore changes.

"Seongnam, you must show lady Y/n the gardens. Since you were last here they have been refurbished and from your letters I believe you may be excited to see the botanical beauties that our staff have worked so hard to maintain." The Queen said as if trying to force the two of you to have alone time.