22 • fit for a king

"Your highness!!" Jin ran over to you in your courtyard, ever clearly excited. "You're the kingdoms new found love! They're going crazy over your style, green silk is every woman's ideal fabric now! You're a trend setter!" She continued after returning from her trip.

"All because of the food bank?" You asked slightly shocked of the news, you knew you had influence but you didn't realise it was like this.

"Why're you shocked? As the crown princess, you're the person all the little girls look up to." Hana added from beside you.

"Well I guess I did look up to the queen when I was younger."

"You knew the Queen?" Jin asked shocked, you couldn't help but laugh. Not only because of her reaction but because this wasn't a new fact to anyone.

"I love your enthusiasm but let's not go too crazy, tonight is the crown prince's birthday banquet so we need to be extra ready. The dress is all prepared and so are the accessories, I still need to wrap his gift though... would one of you help me?" You asked.

"Don't you want Ms Kim to?" Hana asked

"I would normally but don't you think it's more sentimental when you wrap it yourself? I want everything to be from me." You smiled.

It was Seongnams 23rd birthday. It was a huge celebration because it was the crown prince's birthday and you needed to make sure it lived up to that. A whole banquet was prepared for the night before , so he could be with friends and family, whilst the day of was to be celebrated by just you and him. You had been planning this for months, because you wanted it to be perfect for him.

Ms Kim was spending the day supervising the food preparation, mainly because after being in the palace for 4 years she knew what Seongnam liked and how he liked it made.

The day went on and everything was going well. You sat in your room getting ready for the evening meal.

"No not that hairpin, use my favourite one please." You said to Hana as she tried to place a different hair pin in your hair.

"But your highness, it's too simple and the more extravagant one would compliment you more." Hana said trying to persuade you but it was useless.

"The crown prince gave me that hairpin after we admitted our love for each other, I would like to wear it tonight to show him how much I love him." Hana nodded and began putting it in your hair. "It's almost like a sign, a sign that no matter what I will love him. It will stay with me even after life."

Hana went quiet from hearing your comments. She thought she had offended you. You smiled at her through the mirror.

"You'll one day understand it too, life isn't about the riches but it's instead about the people you spend it with." You said acting wise .

Seongnam walked into the room seeing the two of you smiling at each other through the mirror.

"I hope I'm not interrupting anything." He laughed getting your attention.

"Why are you so late?" You asked him, staying seated as Hana finished your hair.

"Don't worry, it won't take me long to get ready." He brushed it off.

"Well you have to wait until Hana has left , and then that leaves you 10 minutes before your brothers should all arrive."

"It will be fine, don't worry about it. I'm sure everything will be just as you planned." He said walking behind a divider to get his clothes. Once he walked back out Hana was gone. Leaving the two of you alone. "You look very pretty." He smiled looking at you and seeing the hairpin. He had learnt from the past, although it wasn't this grand piece of art you cherished it and he wouldn't argue over it.