18 • Mihi

A week later you returned to the palace with Seongnam, both of you heading straight to meet the King and Queen with your daughter.

"Hearing the news was a shock, crown princess. However, after hearing of your situation all I'm thinking is how grateful I am to have a grandchild." The King said smiling at you both. "I hope you never feel the need to hide such great news ever again." He continued. It was almost like a warning hidden by a hopeful message, he didn't want the lies. You smiled at this, as you held your daughter in your arms.

"Father , the past few months have been difficult for the park family and the news of our daughter's birth has shone light on their grey days. I hope you understand after General Yejun's passing, all we wanted was the safety of our child even if it meant taking crazy precautions." Seongnam said apologising to his father but the King fortunately wasn't mad.

"I'm just happy my granddaughter is safe and sound now, but I'm aware she's still waiting on her name." The King looked towards the Queen. "Have you made a decision, my Queen?" The Queen smiled sweetly.

"Well, she's certainly the prettiest baby that I have ever seen so I thought there is no better name for her than Mihi." You looked down at your daughter as the Queen shared this, smiling at the little baby.

"Princess Mihi , the first child of crown prince Seongnam will live a long and healthy life. I wish the best for the two of you as you enter a new chapter of your lives, parenthood."

Weeks passed with your daughter and although being a mother was not easy at all it was clear to everyone you had never been happier. All the consorts, the princes, the Queen and the Queen dowager loved seeing the newborn. Everyone always invested in anything new happening with you or her.

The Queen dowager was probably Mihi's biggest fan, despite at the beginning not being pleased she was kept out of the circle of the people who were aware you were pregnant.

"Mihi is growing quickly, soon she'll be walking and talking." The Queen dowager smiled as she held your daughter.

"It's a pleasant sight to see my daughter grow healthier every day. Although I don't want to wish time away, I can't wait to play with her."

"I wouldn't worry about that dear, she'll have siblings soon enough." The Queen dowager let out. "Especially after the crown prince becomes King , the consorts will carry many children for Mihi to play with." You knew this was a fact but it created a disgusting feeling in the pit of your stomach. You didn't care if the Queen dowager was trying to get back at you for your lying, you just really hated the feeling you had.

"Well there's still plenty of time until that day, me and Mihi can spend those days waiting playing." You smiled.

"Ofcourse you can, I would make sure you have her learning early too especially so she doesn't adopt her father's poor attendance." The Queen dowager laughed, you laughed too.

"The crown prince does hope she's like me." You added with a laugh.

"Well she's inherited the Park family's looks, let's just hope she inherits your brains too."

As much as all the women were smitten by Mihi, nobody could beat Seongnam. He was the proudest father in the world, and he tried to act like he wasn't which made it so funny.

"Mihi crawled today, soon she'll be running around and she's only 2 months old." Seongnam boasted.

"Please brother, she can't even keep her head up without toppling over." Gyeseong let out in a laugh.

"You're just jealous my daughter's so amazing, I don't even need to show her off."

"He's going crazy." Ilyoung laughed