01 - old life

As a taekwondo athlete her life was always busy. Wake up early, go to school, come back home, study, go training, go sleep late.

But she loved every second of it. Training, sparring, going to competitions, winning.

She always had supportive friends, but she always felt like she was also losing them in the process.

"I'm sorry [name], I can't go to watch your competition, I have to study." Her dark-haired best friend apologized.

It was the fifth time she heard the same excuse. Over and over again. Her friends from school surely were supportive, but they were slowly losing interest.

Something in the girl started boiling. It was anger.

"I know that you're just lying so you can go out with them. Am I seriously that boring for you?!" The h/c-nette started shaking.

Even though she talked to other taekwondo athletes from her club, she had a problem to get close to them. They for example lived too far, their schedules were too different and most of the times they weren't even her age. But they at least understood her career troubles.

"You know what, [name]?! You are boring. And you take your little sport life too seriously. You don't even have the time for us anymore."

That was it. Her final straw. But she couldn't form a single word in her mouth. Her friend already started walking away. Thousands of thoughts raced through her mind. But she had to say something.

"Okay, maybe I am taking it too seriously for your standards, Lucy. But at least I'm not a lazy bitch like you!"

The h/c haired girl raised her tone at her raven-haired ex-best friend who has stopped walking and looked at the athlete for one last time with tears in her eyes.

"You're pathetic."

[Name]'s eyes started to sting.

Am I really pathetic? Why did she say that? Was I in the wrong? What happened?

[Name] has realized that she was all alone now. She felt misunderstood. She didn't know what to think, what to feel, what to do. Did she just lose her best friend and her friendgroup? Is it really her fault?

Since Lucy and her started talking to the bigger group, she has noticed that Lucy does not have that much time to only hang out with [name] alone. But Lucy was always her biggest supporter. She came to every single one of her competitions before. But [name] always feared that the time when Lucy stops supporting her will come.

Leaves were falling and the north wind was blowing as the winter was slowly taking over autumn. People including [Name] had to be careful not to slip on frozen puddles. Was it that cold before?

[Name] always followed the saying: Less thinking, more doing. But she just could not do it right now. She was overthinking. She was stressed.

Where did she go wrong? She shouldn't have said that to Lucy. Maybe her best friend deserved it? Always looking for sporty boys and doing nothing herself. But that's not right. Everyone has their preferences. Lucy can like whoever she wants to, she doesn't need to be like them.