04 - lady's despair

Her hair was bloody red, which means that she is no one else than...

Rubelle, Elise's love rival.

. . .

"Quick! We must do something!" The platinum blonde girl whispered, definitely feeling the urge to help the noblewoman.
Elise and Juliet hid around the corner in front of the street, where a very stressed redhead was desperately hoping for help.

A raspy old male voice with hard accent was heard threatening the lady:
"Naur woman, naur one's going to save yer, don't try to play yer games. It's yaur insolent fool of a father's fault that he got on bad terms with my client. Yer have to pay for yer sins."

"I have a name you know?! I'm lady Rubelle Ambrose. Also why haven't you collected my head already? Are you scared huh?" Rubelle held forth. It was clear that she had a strong character.

The brunette hiden around the corner was sweating. Should she help Rubelle? It's a good thing to do, but Rubelle is her supposed rival.

"Elise, come on, she needs our help and I can't do it alone." Juliet insisted. She's right, Elise ought to help Rubelle. Rival or not, they will not be enemies anyway because she did not meet the prince.

The newly determined girl took a deep breath and looked at her friend.
"Okay Juliet, but we need to have a plan. So we will..."

When the girls resolutely emerged from their hiding place, they finally got a good look at the whole scene. Two men, rather thin and miserable, each held one of the young lady's hands with both of their hands. Another man was standing in front of her, he looked around forty to fifty years old and probably stank a lot.

"Dear sirs, that's not a nice way of holding a respected lady!"
Elise's voice boomed and Juliet bravely dumped a bucket full of ice water on the main enemy. The smelly man immediately started to yell and it looked like he was going to attack the girls, the brunette instinctively kicked his balls hard and stuffed his mouth with a dirty cloth she found by the bucket before and her accomplice Juliet put the empty wooden bucket on his head.
The other two skinny men looked panicked and rather ran away than to face the two heroic women. Elise grabbed the noblewoman's hand and quickly fled the scene with Juliet and the ex-damsel in distress.

...

The sun was already setting and the three girls - all still panting loudly from their run - were sitting on a bench by the inn. When they started to recover a bit, they looked at each other in silence. Moments had passed and the quietness was finally broken by loud laughter from the whole trio.

"Ahahahah, you kicked him right in the balls!!" Juliet snorted. That made them laugh even more.
"It's such-" Rubelle tried to say while laughing so hard but still elegantly, "a nice fact that his ugly genes won't be seen in the next generation!"
"BAHAHAHAH" Elise, who sat in between her companions, probably had the weirdest and loudest laughter out of them. "I'm so glad we're safe tho." She wiped her one tear with her finger.
The noblewoman also wipes her laughter tears, but with an expensive looking handkerchief which had embroidered the initials R and A.

Suddenly, Rubelle took Elise's hands in hers. Her makeup was smudged, but she still looked gorgeous and her dark chocolate eyes had a genuine gratefulness in them.
"May I know your name, my beautiful brave heroine?" The crimson haired lady asked the brunette, whose cheeks started to redden. I mean, who wouldn't get their face all hot if such an attractive woman called them a beautiful brave heroine?