03 - the village

The air smelled like early summer. Butterflies were flying all around along with bees pollinating all kinds of flowers around. The sky was beautifully blue, a few clouds on it and birdsong could be heard from all sides, making every being who hears it feel happy.

Two girls just came out of a house surrounded by roses, daisies, sunflowers and other beautiful blossoms.

One of them walked with a confident gait, but looked a little worried. Her long platinum blonde hair was braided into two plaits on top of it having a white scarf, and her sunlit skin showed plenty of freckles. She wore a dress made up of a simple floor-length white shirt, a brown constricting corset, and a burgundy skirt with a cute white apron patterned with small navy flowery design in a corner of the cloth.

The latter walked not as confidently as her friend, as if she were in an unknown place. Her long wavy mahogany hair looked as if she had just combed it. The floral dress she was wearing suited her very well, but it was clear that the girl did not feel comfortable in it. The dress was beautiful - an alabaster shirt with short ruffly sleeves, a not too tight corset with patterns of various blossoms, a long creamy-colored skirt.

"How do you like the dress, Elise? These were your favorite!" Juliet asked the brunette who was still not used to her new name and gave her an awkward smile.

"Um...yea..! These are definitely my dress..!" Elise answered, which made the flaxen-haired girl chuckle as they walked on the trail surrounded by plants.

"I see you don't like them this time though. But it's okay, you still have lots of dress in your closet! These are not your only ones." She smiled and it made [Name] wonder, why she has not heard of Juliet in the game. A best friend of the main character should be known. But maybe the game was only focused on the romance plot and that is why she did not know about Juliet.

And when will [Name] return home? Is she forced to be Elise forever? Could she get used to it or maybe she will go crazy?

What about Lucy?

It made her sick just thinking about it. And her taekwondo career. She was supposed to have a competition next week which she trained so hard for.

"Elise, you look so pale. Is something wrong?" [Name] realized that Juliet was talking to her, looking concerned again.

"I'm fine." The brunette simply shrugged it off.
"If you feel sick or anything, you can tell me and we can go back, okay?" Her friend comforted her.

When they were at the end of the walkway, Juliet pointed below her. It dawned on Elise that they had been on the hill the whole time. But they weren't so high up that they couldn't hear the stomping of hooves. A few meters from them was the road that probably led the prince and his knights to the city. It occurred to the brunette that she didn't even know what the main love interest looked like. Of course she knows how he looks like in the game, but realistically? No.

Although the horse and wagon road was not very far from them, it was still very inaccessible from their position. For Elise's house was in a kind of recess of the hill, and the road was above that mini hill valley, you could say. So the only way down for them was down steep little steps of black stone.

But they had a breathtaking view there. Below them lay several simple houses, and in the middle of them was a rather large square in the village, which was filled with many stalls. The surroundings of the village were also beautiful. Behind the last houses straight was a vast meadow with a river, to the right was a forest and to the left were fields.