chapter one, watch out

( 🏐 ) ─ 𝒔𝒆𝒆𝒌 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒅𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒐𝒚chapter one

chapter one . . . watch out !
( francesca's pov )

 watch out !( francesca's pov )

francesca hayes was having a shitty day. 

first she woke up late and in a bad mood, which made her forget her volleyball bag at home. then she had a quiz in first period that she didn't study for. and of course, the one day she forgets to bring her own lunch, school lunch is disgusting. 

by sixth period, she had a terrible headache.

and she still had one period and 2 hours of practice to get through. 

when the last bell rang, francesca hurried to her car and practically sped home. 

luckily, she got back to school with a little time to spare. she thanked god that she lived close to the school. 

practice started and everything was going good. about halfway through practice she noticed two boys at the side of the gym. she hadn't looked at them long enough to know who either of them were. it was a bit weird that they were there but she had better things to worry about. 

as she was getting in line to practice hitting outside she say the boys passing a ball back and forth. she finally looked hard enough to tell that it was brady and connor noon. she guessed it made sense since their sister was on the volleyball team.

after she took her turn hitting the ball, she turned around to get back in line.

"WATCH OUT!" she heard someone shout.

she didn't register who it was before a volleyball hit her in her face. as the ball dropped to the ground, her hands flew up to her face. 

she'd been hit in the face with a ball before, of course, but never quite this hard.