chapter two, more apologies

( 🏐 ) ─ 𝒔𝒆𝒆𝒌 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒅𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒐𝒚chapter two

chapter two . . . more apologies !
( neutral pov )

 more apologies !( neutral pov )

francesca hayes sat at her lunch table with lindsey and lucia across from and next to her. 

today was going a lot better than yesterday had. she actually woke up early, so she was enjoying her pasta today instead of shitty school lunch. 

and a bit over halfway through said lunch period, brady noon had finished eating. which meant he now had the free time to walk up to francesca's lunch table.

as he approached the table, the three girls looked over at him. when him and francesca made eye contact, she rolled her eyes.

"what do you want?" she asked, setting her fork down.

"i just wanted to say sorry again. i feel really bad about hitting you."

"yeah, well my nose also feels bad about you hitting it," francesca smiled smugly. a few seconds passed and francesca's expression had softened. but just as she went to open her mouth to speak again, brady interrupted.

"you know what, i'm over this. i don't see why you can't just accept my apology," brady ran his hand over his face. "oh my god, i accidentally hit you with a volleyball, it's not the end of the fucking world."

francesca scoffed. "i thought apologies were supposed to be nice, sincere maybe. if i'm wrong please correct me.

"or if i'm really wrong you could hit me in the nose again. i'll make sure to cover my shoes this time." francesca smiled a very unhappy smile.

"i feel like this shouldn't be that big of a deal," brady sighed. "have you ever heard of forgiving and forgetting?" 

"yeah, i've heard of it. but it's a little hard to forget when my shoes still have red marks on them," francesca shrugged. "but, i'll tell you what."

"what?" brady asked, clearly very over this whole situation.

"if you get out of my sight it'll be a lot easier to forget."

"okay," brady laughed dryly. "it's not like any more apologies would do anything, anyway." brady rolled his eyes as he began to walk away.

"i don't know if you noticed but you aren't very good at apologizing!" francesca called out to him. 

as the girl turned back to her friends she took a deep breath. she wondered by brady couldn't just let it go. she was fully willing to put the entire ordeal behind her and forget about brady's existence completely. but of course he had his own plan.

and as he walked back to his own lunch table, he tried to ignore the feeling that maybe it wasn't only francesca in the wrong. he definitely thought she was overreacting but maybe he shouldn't have been so dismissive of her feelings. maybe he should've heard her out like he wants her to hear him.

dev's words kind of a short
chapter but it is what it is.

hope you are all enjoying mlk day ✊🏼
i know i'm hype asf to not have school