☾ 𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 7 ☽

A/N: To understand a part of what happens, obviously Gerard and (you) are neighbours! Your room is across from Gerards, and your bathroom and right across my Mikeys room, so from his room, you can ever so slightly see into the bathroom.

Gerards POV ˚˖°

I was really trying to forget about it all, but with my luck that'll never happen.

"Hey there." I say from my front porch.

"Oh hey." She said. She's vaping. It's not weird, but she usually smokes cigarettes.

"Um, Mikey, Ray, Frank, Bob, and I are all just hanging out. Do you want to come over?"

"Uh, yeah, sure, I just gotta let my brother know first. BRB." She says, running inside.

I made a big fucking mistake. Multiple actually. Just by inviting her over. Goddammit so much shit is gonna happen.

Fuck. My. Life.

Y/N's POV ˚˖°

"Lawrie!" I said as I walked back in. "I'm packing up my ice cream and going over Gerard's. I also have to change clothes, I feel gross."

"Okay, whatever, just text me and let me know if you guys do anything. Kay?"

"Yeah, I will." I reply, heading upstairs so I can change.

Oh. I still have on Gerard's shirt.

Doesn't matter. Whatever!

I sit on my bed and flip open my phone to text Gerard.

Y/N🐢🐢: Hey Gee :) I have to shower and change real quick but I'll be right over <3

Gee🧛‼️: Okay see you soon :P

Damn, that was simple.

I grab a towel and walk into the bathroom, shut the door, and turn on the water. I was beginning to undress when I caught a pair of eyes through the window.

Mikey would never watch into my bathroom though. He can actually handle privacy. Plus, he would never look at me when I'm only in a bra and my underwear.

I walk towards the window and peek out to see Frank looking out the window.

God. Damn. It.

The boys usually all hang out in either of the Way's rooms, but why'd they have to pick Mikey's today?

My face was clearly red, and I didn't want Frank looking at me any longer, so I shut the blinds.

I then turned around and continued to do what I was doing

Around 15 minutes later

I threw my towel in a pile in the corner of my room, and went to put on my shoes.

I gathered the stuff I needed, put it in my pockets, then went downstairs.

"See ya whenever, kiddo." Lawrie said, waving goodbye as I left.

My hair is still wet and I just threw on some sweat pants and a random shirt. I bet I look like shit.

Eh, who fuckin' cares anyway.

I don't even knock, and walk right in.

"Oh hey Donna, how are you?" I ask, seeing Gerard's mom in the kitchen washing dishes.

"Oh, hi honey! I'm good, how are you? Have my boys been treating you well lately?" She replied, turning off the water and turning to me.

"Oh they've been fine, no need to worry." I say as she smiles, and then calmly hugs me.

I could stand here and talk to Donna for hours, she's so nice. Wish I ever had a mom like that.

"Good, good." She said, pulling away, her one hand still on my shoulder.

All of a sudden I heard tons of footsteps coming down the steps. I turn to see the boys all running down the steps.

"There you are!" Ray spoke, a grin on his face. "C'mon! You get a sneak peek of a song we wrote!" He grabbed me by my wrist as we ran downstairs into the basement.

I didn't even get to say bye to Donna.

Gerards POV ˚˖°

All the drums and guitars are set up in the basement for practice. But this time someone is watching. And that someone is Y/N.

We all rush downstairs. Frank, Ray, and Mikey all plugging in their guitars while Bob grabs his drum sticks and sits down. All I do is stand behind a microphone that Ray found at a Goodwill I think.

"Okay, I'm ready to listen, go, play!" Y/N said excitedly as she sat down on the couch that we had down here.

"Okay, okay. This song is called Cubicles." She smiled as I said it.

I waited for the guitar and drums to count me in and then,

"It's the tearing sound of love-notes
Coming out these rusted windows
And the veiw outside is sterile
And I'm only two cubes down
A photocopy all the things that we could be
If you took the time to notice me
But you can't now, I don't blame you
And it's not your fault that no one ever does!
But you don't work here anymore.
It's just a vacant three by four!
And they might fill your place
A temporary stand-in for you face
This happens all the time
And I can't help but think I'll die alone~!"

"..wow.." I can hear her mutter under her breath. "That was... fucking awesome! I just...it was so good!"

"Ah thank you~.." Ray said from behind me with a bow.

"It's not the whole song, but that's part of it. I'm glad you liked it though." I smiled, watching as she stood up and walked over to all of us.

"Can you play this song again? Except I want to play the drums on it. Please!"

I glanced over to Bob to see if he was okay with it.

"You played the drums before?" He asks her.

"Yeah actually, I have a whole drumset in my garage. So gimme the sticks, and lemme play."

"Wait, woah, you play the drums?" Mikey buds in. "Since when?! And why didn't you tell us? You could've been a part of My Chemical Romance!"

"First off, great band name guys. Second, been playing since around 5th grade. Third, I didn't tell you because it was kind of a getaway from everything, so I kept it to myself.

But now, I'll let you guys hear me play. Either we re-do Cubicles, or pick a different song we all know."

She's fuckin' sassy when she really want to do something isn't she. Kinda ho- Get your head out of the damn gutter Gee!

"Do we all know 'Basket Case' by Green Day?" Frank finally spoke up.

It's like as soon as he speaks, the room just fills with tension and anger.

We all mumble with yeahs'.

"Then let's play that."

Y/N ran behind the drums, and we waited for Bob to count us in.

"Do you have the time?
To listen to me wine?
About nothing and everything all at once!
I am one of those
Melodramatic fools
Neurotic to the bone no doubt about it!"

We play through the whole song, Y/N beating the shit out of the drums.

"Holy fuck she's good." Bob said with a golf clap while he stood up. "I quit, she can take my place."

"What?!" Y/N, Frank, and I all say at once. And again, all at once, "Are you serious?!"

—————
Words - 1,155