Chapter 16 - Threat

_________________________________

"From my rotting body, flowers shall grow  and I am in them, and that is eternity"

-Edvard Munch
_________________________________

Salvatore's POV: Gets a little bloody at the end

RING RING, RING RING

I'm sleeping. Shut the fuck up.

RING RING, RING RING

I am not waking up! Leave me the hell alone

RING RING, RING RING

Ahhhhhh! Kill Me.

I force my eyes open. My sight adjusts to the small amount of light that is pouring through my window from the busy New York streets below me. I turn my body to the side, reaching over to the table at my bedside. I take a hold of m phone, the bright screen forcing my to adjust to the light once again. Reluctantly I press the answer button and put the phone to my ear, closing my eyes, to allow myself some form of comfort. A large sigh escaped my lips. "What?" I say shortly, my voice rough from sleep.

"Mi dispiace Capo, but there's a problem." a voice says on the other end of the line. (I'm sorry)

I know the voice instantly, "What is it X?" I ask.

X, Xavier is my tech guy. He's smart as a whip, but he gets scared from a creaky floor. The day I met him, he was lying face down in a side ally. I had to rip a bunch of other guys off of him, and help him to sit up against a cold brick wall. He told me that he was being bullied at high school, and didn't have the best time at home either. I could tell how clever he was from the way he spoke. We talked all night, it was manly him telling me he wanted to run away, to forget this part of his life and move on.

Rather than let him. I paid for his education at a private school for his final year, I gave him protection, I gave him a family. And I put money in a savings account to put him through college. Five years later, he came back for the job that I promised him. "Come on X talk to me here, what's up?" I ask him, my head moving back to the present.

"It's the warehouse in East Harlem. The. The umm." He stutters.

"Spit it out!" I shout.

"It's the Gambino family Sir. They stole the new shipment"

As soon as the words are out of his mouth I push my body up the head board. "Fuck" I say under my breath. My left hand comes up to my face, placing pressure on my temples.

This world doesn't work the way most people think. It isn't that each county has a Mafia, I mean I wish that is how it worked, because we would have a lot less problems. In New York, there are five main families. The Colombo's, Lucchese's, Mancuso's Gambino's, and my family, the Andolini's.

Sometimes the families will help each other, offering trade and protection. Most of the time we ignore each other. And then, once in a while, we clash. And a war starts. If it's true that the Gambinos have stolen our new shipment of guns, then it won't be long until we have to retaliate.

"Yeah. And I don't know what to do at all. So do you think... it's okay if not. But not really because I have no idea what to do if..." he stammers through the sentence, unable to get the last part out before I interrupt him. "I'll be right over X."

"Ohh thank God" he whispers on the other end of the phone.

"I will be about 30 minutes X, just stay calm."