☆⋅⋆ ── 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿

° - 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫 -‧₊˚
advices from close persons leads to
the final reunion between two stars
❪ real life + imessage + instagram

∘°∘♡ - 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫 -༉‧₊˚✧↳ advices from close persons leads tothe final reunion between two stars❪ real life + imessage + instagram

mama always knew best
— amara doesn't think she had ever heard truer words.

somehow the minute taraji imani had entered the parisian apartment, she sensed the change on her daughter. it started with the apartment where between the smell of cinnamon and vanilla, she also picked up faints of a manly perfume. the hoodie that was thrown over the white couch was her next clue because she instantly remarked that it did not belong to her daughter. she wasn't saying this in a way of proving she was very controlling but instead the size of the hoodie made it clear that it was not amara's.

the biggest clue though was her daughter herself. the moment the door had been opened and she had faced amara, she could see that something was different. the last time amara had seen her parents, it had been with tears rolling down her face, dull, swollen eyes from all the crying and forced smiles — a clear contrast to what taraji had been met with now. amara had a soft smile on her face when she had let her mother enter the apartment, no sign of any tear or make-up to, perhaps even cover eye rings or any swelling.

taraji's eyes travelled over the apartment since it was her first time she had visited her daughter in paris. the apartment itself was beautiful, she had to admit. the beige decor along with the simplistic and modern decor gave the apartment a feel of comfort that spread the minute one stepped in.

"you cannot tell me that you did this yourself," she exclaimed, a sharp look of scepticism sent into amara's direction.

"mama, i did this all by myself with some help of liyah and grace when they weren't busy." she explained, smiling cheekily.

"well, it looks good. i'm proud of you." her mother replied, sitting down on the couch. amara took place on the small armchair opposed to her, grabbing her phone, pen and song-notebook. "so tell me now, what have you been planning? the last time we spoke, you told me you had a project going."

taraji noticed the change even more when a sudden excited expression appeared on her daughter's face just at the mention of the planned project.

"i am working on some songs. i'm ready to go back into the spotlight again, i had my time and rest but like you said. i need healing from all this. ma ị mara m, usoro ọgwụgwọ m gụnyere ide abụ na hapụ mmetụta m." — and you know me, my healing process consists of writing songs and release my feelings

"is that why you're glowing so positively and shining?" her mother exclaimed, eyes sparkling with delight. it warmed her heart to see her daughter so alive and spirited again, remembering the way she had looked like the last time. a walking corpse. now she was spreading life and vividness.