1.

taraji x fantasia 1

-
-

FANTASIALOS ANGELES JHUD HQ

FANTASIA
LOS ANGELES
JHUD HQ

"You know, I'm a leading lady," I heard Taraji say as she answered the question that Jennifer Hudson had asked. And she was, in fact, a leading lady. Jennifer asked about her time on The Color Purple set and how she helped Danielle and I.

I listened to her as she spoke with assurance, authority, and wisdom. She was way better than me at answering questions, without getting sidetracked or making me feel out of place, which I typically did. Was I envious of her? In that aspect, I could be, and I'm ashamed to admit it.

But I love Taraji; she's the best friend I never really had, along with Danielle.

I often sat quietly, not speaking unless spoken to. I've always been this shy, introverted person. However, being one of the main characters in a recreation of a movie has forced me to try and break out of that closed-off shell. But it's hard.

Hell, I know if the fans notice, so do Taraji and Danielle...

The interview concluded with a warmth lingering in the air. Taraji, with her infectious energy, turned to me and casually asked, "Hey, Fantasia, you wanna hang out later?" My heart skipped a beat; the prospect of spending time with her felt both exhilarating and intimidating.

Being the nervous, shy person that I am, I hesitated before tentatively responding, "Um, yeah, sure, that sounds nice." The internal battle between excitement and apprehension waged within me. Despite my desire to connect, the prospect of socializing outside the structured setting of the interview triggered my usual hesitations.

Taraji's inviting smile reassured me, and I began to envision an opportunity to break free from my introverted tendencies. Yet, the uncertainty lingered, wondering if I could truly navigate the social terrain outside the structured confines of our professional interactions.

-
-

TARAJI LOS ANGELES LA LUXE SUITES

TARAJI
LOS ANGELES
LA LUXE SUITES

After the interview wrapped up, we all retreated to our respective hotel rooms. Sitting alone, I couldn't shake off the feeling that Fantasia seemed a bit nervous during our conversation. Curiosity got the better of me, and I decided to call Danielle.

"Hey, Danielle, did you notice how Fantasia seemed a bit nervous today?" I inquired, wondering if it was just my perception or if Danielle had sensed the same.

Danielle chuckled on the other end of the line, "Oh, absolutely! I could tell she was a bit uneasy, but you know how it is for some folks in this setting. She's probably still adjusting."

Relieved to know I wasn't alone in my observation, I nodded to myself. It made me appreciate the vulnerability we all shared, despite our different personalities and experiences. As we chatted further, I told her that I had invited her out to dinner with us.

I'm just really hoping that Fantasia can get the chance to just let her hair down and enjoy herself freely. I believe she has some sort of, I wouldn't say vendetta, but like guilt maybe? That she isn't experienced in the acting world as much as Danielle and I, but that's definitely not anything to be ashamed of.

But I'm sure she'll tell us or one of us during her own time, so I won't force it.

Pushing my thoughts aside, I looked down seeing it was 5:30 pm, and that we had planned to meet down in the lobby at 6:35. Oh shoot, I never told Tasia that...

"Hey Lovely! Sorry, I hope this isn't an inconvenience, but we are meeting down in the lobby at 6:35... If you need more time, let me know," I sent at 5:31 pm.

Fantasia responded, "Hey T! No inconvenience here, I'll be ready. See you soon."

As the clock ticked closer to our planned meet-up, I couldn't help but feel a mix of excitement and anticipation for the evening that lay ahead. Fantasia's willingness to join us hinted at the possibility of fostering a deeper connection beyond the confines of our professional roles.

I reflected on the shared vulnerabilities and the unspoken understanding that had been the undercurrent of our interactions. It was more than a gathering; it was an opportunity to bridge the gap between colleagues and form bonds that transcended the movie set.

The prospect of creating lasting friendships with Fantasia and Danielle became increasingly tangible as the minutes passed, and I couldn't wait to see where the night would take us. Little did I know, this impromptu gathering would become a turning point in our camaraderie, setting the stage for a journey of shared experiences and genuine connections.