7.

taraji x fantasia 7

as always, thank you guys for supporting me and this book! it's a semi lengthy chapter so enjoy! thank you for 5k reads, be sure to vote and comment

as always, thank you guys for supporting me and this book! it's a semi lengthy chapter so enjoy! thank you for 5k reads, be sure to vote and comment. love y'all! 🎀

TARAJI

Two damn days have passed since the glitzy Oscar awards, and Fantasia and I haven't exchanged a single word since then

Two damn days have passed since the glitzy Oscar awards, and Fantasia and I haven't exchanged a single word since then. Despite the undeniable chemistry we shared on that damn stage, things have taken an unexpected nosedive. Post our flirtatious interlude, she's maintained a frustratingly cordial demeanor, keeping things cool and distant. To throw salt in the wound, she was cozied up with Kendall, and I couldn't help but feel an unmistakable pang of jealousy coursing through me.

Gabi and I find ourselves still basking in the Californian sun, brainstorming a strategic plan to deal with none other than Mr. Sassy Pants himself, aka Kendall. Both of us sensed an unsettling air about that guy, especially with the way his eyes lingered on me. I'm damn well aware he's up to some mischief, but I'm hell-bent on beating him at his own game.

But depending on how today's press conference goes... we shall see.

Sure, I might have gone ghost for a bit, but there's no way in hell I'm letting Kendall swoop in and claim what's rightfully mine. The tension is building, and I'm gearing up to face whatever intricate challenges lay ahead. It's a tumultuous game of emotions, and I carry a rock-solid belief that I can outmaneuver Kendall and reclaim Fantasia's attention.

But I bet you this... I'll get that bitch before he gets me!

As I contemplated on my next move, a buzz from from my phone interrupts the moment. I glanced at the screen, revealing a message from my boys back in North Carolina.

Pissed is an understatement; Bitch, I'm livid!

I immediately called them.

"Listen here, and listen damn good. I'm not paying you for nothing, got it? Find my shit. You have 48 hours. If you don't find it by then—better yet, if you don't uncover who the hell is a rat inside my operation—y'all are dead. Don't play with me. I'll be on the first thing smoking to NC. Matter of fact, I'm sending Terrance down there now. Fuck off my phone."