Chapter 5

Thorin Eclipse

2 years later, present time to Freya's

I close my laptop, intrigued by this new Alpha requesting to be noticed as an official pack instead of a rogue one. The NightStalker territory has been long forgotten by the common wolf, but I knew the legends of The Sun and Moon Gods battling over something to do with our kind. That land is believed to have been cursed ever since The Moon Wolf defeated The Sun God's creation, a Lycan. It is said that she, the Moon Wolf, defeated the alpha Lycan and the entire pack from existence, but nobody knows the true story as whatever happened was over a century ago. One of my great great great grandfathers had gone to investigate the territory to find everything left behind and no evidence of anyone ever living there. Ever since, no wolf has dared take the land, or even cross the NightStalker territory.

I suppose if there is a pack already staying there, and have been for 6 months, there can't be much of a curse about it. Maybe my Luna Queen will be in the midst of their pack, but I doubt it. It is my punishment for what happened 2 years ago, The Moon Goddess took my mate away, leaving me to be this angry shell of what I once was. I hunted the rogue that had killed my father and tortured him until he died a very, very slow death. He was going to capture me that day, and kill my entire family to take over as King - in a way, I'm grateful that I never went because the werewolf world would be in shambles if it had gone the way that rogue had planned. How he got close enough to kill my father is still a mystery, and always will be.

Looking at my phone, the time read 2:29 a.m. I yawned, stood, and went to my room to shower and go to bed. Sleep rarely comes to me now, I suspect it's the pent-up rage and restlessness that is always hidden under my skin, and not having a mate to calm the beast within. That's why I stay up as late as I do nowadays, it's the only way to get sleep. Well, that, and liquor but I hated the way I felt in the mornings following with how much I had to drink to even feel anything. It's an expensive habit for me, so I avoid it altogether. I fall onto the bed after my shower, wearing my boxers, and slip into a dreamless sleep.

The next day I tend to meetings with Alphas across the states, my human business, then proceed to answer emails. Alpha Dean has accepted my conditions, the Lunar Ball will be held at their pack. I quickly respond with the laws that packs have to follow to stay in recognition of being an official pack - these aren't my laws, but the Elders. They are below me, but also overlook everything that happens and give their input to me, it helps organize the bullshit that they can take care of from the urgent matters that should be taken care of by me. The Lunar Ball is about a month away, I send the Alpha of the NightStalker Pack some money to help cover the cost of having so many werewolves in one territory, I also send an event planner to the pack to help with the planning. Each pack Alpha and Beta comes to these, along with each of-age wolf that has yet to meet their mates in hopes of meeting at the ball. As King, it's not a requirement for me to go, but since this pack is new I feel obligated to join in on the festivities.

The next few weeks were spent training constantly, picking a suit for the ball, and preparing my unmated pack members to join me on this trip.

Freya Dean

Ugh! Planning stupid balls that I have never once attended is infuriating, to say the least. The ball is a week away now, and I'm grateful that The Alpha King sent money to cover the food and decoration costs for the hundreds of wolves that will be attending this, he also sent an event planner to help Sayge and myself through this ordeal. We have decided that the theme would be black and red to go with our pack color scheme, the floor of the ballroom was changed to an elegant white marble to offset everything that is in the room, and the dinner will be hosted outdoors to accommodate for the lack of space our ballroom has for both dancing and dining. Black-stained ebony wood tables were set with matching chairs. Blood-red silk table runners ran down the center of each table. Candles and red roses will be set in place the day before the ball to preserve the freshness of the flowers. The planner, Evangeline, was put in charge of food since she'd helped with over a dozen of these balls before. It seems like everything is now in place after 3 weeks of preparations, now it was time to go and find a gown or get fitted for one. I hate dresses with a passion, but I will do it for the sake of my pack. Malcolm and Sayge came with me to a designer store to pick their fits along with helping me with mine.