Chapter 7

Third Person POV
The NightStalker Pack felt the link break with their Alpha, putting them into a panic. They shifted and started searching for her on every inch of the territory and even on the outskirts of their borders, this wasn't like their Alpha, she couldn't have been defeated by somebody.
Thorin had heard about the fight through Malcolm, and it took everything in some of her pack wolves to hold him back. Once he calmed down, he stood on the balcony watching his unique mate. He was amazed at her abilities. The fire not only was the hottest fire, blue, but any wounds she had sustained her skin instantly healed over, leaving pink flesh instead of blood. It seemed that something had awakened in her facing her family, he just didn't know what would cause such a battle between the two wolves. He badly wanted to jump down there and help his mate, but decided that watching was for the best; he knew what that bloodlust felt like when his wolf took over and killed the rogue that had taken his father from the world far too soon.
He had walked back into his room to take a cold shower to calm himself down from shifting and protecting his mate when he heard the triumphant howl - his mate had defeated the male wolf. Half an hour had gone by and she didn't come back to the packhouse, he was about to go out to look for her when everyone dropped to their knees holding their chest. That's what happened when his father died, everybody felt the link sever from their Alpha breaking. Rushing out of the house, he shifted and followed the faint scent of his mate. The scent stopped at a crystal clear pond, where he found his mate's body at the bottom and immediately howled, shifted, and dove into the water. His mind went a thousand places at once, panicking about his mate dying the same day that he found her. He grabbed her, noticing she was somehow still in her gown, and pushed the both of them up to the surface from the floor of the pond. Once he reached the bank, he set her down, her pack now surrounding him after hearing his pain-filled howl, they knew he had found her. Sayge went towards Freya to check on her, as she's the pack's healer but got growled at by Thorin's wolf, Jax. He was overly protective and possessive right now, hearing no heartbeat he whimpered in pain, shocking the pack surrounding him, but he didn't care. He wanted his mate back, he didn't know anything about her.
"K-King... Please, just let me help. I'm the pack's healer and her close friend - I would never do anything to hurt my Alpha." She bowed her head to him, showing her respect. He stepped back, giving her the room she needed, but kept his hand on her leg. If she were dead, wouldn't he feel it? He still felt those electric tingles coursing through his body as he touched her. It didn't make sense. The healer started to do compressions and mouth-to-mouth, nobody is sure how long she was in that water. Malcolm had brought a change of clothes for her so she wouldn't be soaking wet in the ball gown if she comes back, no when she comes back. Everyone was silent, some crying, some kneeling and baring their necks to their Alpha.
Thorin just stared at her, he didn't know what to do, Jax going insane in the back of his mind as well. After about 15 minutes of compressions, she spit up water. Her breathing was slow, but it was there. Thorin immediately went to her side, picking her up bridal-style, and carried her to the pack house. Malcolm showed him where her room was, and Sayge said she would change her clothes as Thorin and Freya were not on that level yet, to which he understood. He lay with her, keeping her warm and talking to her about random things in his life for the next week.

——————

Freya Dean
I'm floating on my back, in the crystal clear pond that I have grown to love but something is different this time. The water had a glowing blue hue to it, along with the trees. The sky has the aurora borealis, but that too is that same glowing blue. I swim to the shore, looking for Selene, knowing that I am now in her realm. I walk for a while, coming across what should be my pack houses and the yard, but the only thing there is a shack big enough for one person.
"S-Selene? Where are you?" I look around some more to find nobody, so I walk into the shack to find her sitting on a modernized bed.
"What's going on, why am I here?" I say while looking around, the walls filled with what seems like family pictures.
"Do you not remember what happened?" I shook my head, still looking at the photos, "You killed your brother, then dove into the pond and passed out under the water." I snapped around and fell to my knees.
"I'm dead?" Tears start to form in my eyes, I am the worst Moon Wolf to have ever exist and an even worse mate and Alpha. How could I be so stupid?
"No, child, you are not dead. Your mate found you, but they think you are dead. I had to borrow your soul for a little bit, which is why you seem dead." I nod, standing to my feet and sitting on an old, rickety chair.
"What is it you need from me, my Goddess?" I bare my neck as I spoke.
"Oh, darling. I needed to save you, you were going to drown in that pond. I pulled you here to heal your soul, and to give you better strength now that you have unleashed your abilities."
"Abilities? I did that a long time ago, I can hit any target I want to and never miss." She chuckles at me before I finish my sentence, probably reading my mind.
"You are a Moon Wolf, do you really think you wouldn't get some extra powers for that? You have the blue fire that not only is the hottest fire to everyone else, but it heals your wounds as fast as you get them. This is what caused you to lose so much strength at the end, you had used too much power without realising it in your rage."
"I have given you more of my strength, to help you maintain your abilities better. You must train to be more in control of it and get stronger; right now once you get even the slightest bit angry the fire will surround your body. It doesn't burn you or your clothing, but it will burn everything else around you."
"Even my mate?" she looked at me with a smile.
"He is the exception. I didn't pair you with him for no reason, you know?" she chuckled, probably recalling what happened earlier in the day between the two of us.
"Thank you, for saving me and giving me strength. I don't even remember what happened, Artemis took over and took my strength with her so I passed out." I look at my hands, knowing I killed my 'brother'. I would have done it if my wolf hadn't, but I still felt a little bad; he was no match for Artemis, power or not.
"It is no problem, dear, after all, you are a piece of me. Now get some rest, you need it." She hugged me and motioned for me to sleep in the bed.
I dreamed while in the dream state, weird I know. I dreamt of meditating and visiting the realm i was currently in and how to contact Selene without almost dying, then i was trapped in my own mind, floating in and out if conciousness.

-------------------------------------------------

I know, I know. You can hate me for the short chapter, I would too. But! I find it necessary for a few chapters for suspense and to minimize the amount of POV changes there are in one chapter.

What are our thoughts? Should Artemis have dove into that water?

Is Freya going to learn to control her anger, or her blue flame?

What do you think happened to the previous Moon Wolves (Might turn this into a series ;) )

Don't forget to like, comment, and vote! It helps this book reach readers that love the werewolf world as much as we do.

See y'all in the next chapter!

~Dahlia