24

24
Kairo

It had been months since the whole Rocco fiasco and I was glad that I could finally live in peace. Business was also doing good. I took over once D was killed. I knew everything, just like he did, being his business partner. I realized that I didn't need anybody else on my side except for Sevyn. As he promised, he was letting her in on a lot more. He told her everything about the Rocco fiasco and how Shay, Rocco and D were dead. She was relieved as well to find out that the motherfuckers that wanted me dead were now dead. I have been letting Sevyn help me out with the business since I didn't have a partner anymore. She didn't sell drugs, kill people or anything like that. Only thing she did was help him count money at the safe house. She didn't mind doing that. Sevyn was adapting to his lifestyle a little more. He was glad that she finally came around because he really loved her and he would've been crushed if she would've left him because of his lifestyle.

Life was going good for me once again. My relationship was good and I was getting paid. I moved into a beach house after my house had been shot up. I hated relocating but it was for my safety. He didn't know if he still had enemies out there. He was just praying that he killed them all but you never know.

Sevyn promised him that after she graduated that she would move in with him and he was excited about it. She spent most of her time here anyways. I didn't know why she didn't just move in now but she told him multiple times that she didn't want living with him to be a distraction from school. She said that she wanted to live on campus until she finished school. I respected that.

I smiled as I stood in the screen door, watching Sevyn in her green bathing suit. He bit his lip as he stared at her ass moving with every step she took. He watched her sit down by the water and put her feet in. He grabbed his weed, an ashtray, a rello and a lighter and headed out the door.

Sevyn

Sevyn sat down by the sand and put her feet in the water. She was waiting for Kairo to come back out the house. He said he needed to use the bathroom. Sevyn waved her feet in the water as she felt a familiar body sit behind her and wrap their arms around her. "You so sexy, mama." She heard Kairo's voice and he kissed her on her shoulder.

"Thank you baby, you are too." She complimented him back.

"Preciate it, baby. You wanna smoke?"

"Hell yeah." I said too enthused, making him laugh. He grabbed a rello out of the pack and rolled up, placing the ashtray in the sand. He took a couple puffs from the blunt and passed it to me. I laid my head back on his chest. I was loving life right now. "You ever thought about how life would be if we never met each other?" I randomly asked.

"Where did that come from, mama?" I passed him the blunt, he took it.

I shrugged. "I don't know. I'm just so happy right now and it's all because of you. I just wonder sometimes what if I never met you. I'm glad I met you."

"I'm glad I make you that happy, mama cause you make me happy too. Know that." 

"Yeah?" I asked him.

"Yeah." He passed me back the blunt as he exhaled the smoke and I took it. I put the blunt out in the ashtray, grabbing everything and standing up.

"Let's go make a baby." I sung, grabbing his hand and trying to run towards the house with him tagging along. Meeting him was truly a blessing.

1 year later
Sevyn

"Sevyn Watkins." I heard everybody cheer for me while I walked up to the stage, grabbing my diploma and shaking hands. I stopped and turned towards the camera. My professor was taking pictures for memories. I saw the flash and walked off of the stage, going to sit back down. I watched as a couple other students walked across the stage. I cheered for them. I finally heard my bestfriend's name.

"Diamond Young." I stood up and screamed to the top of my lungs for her as I watched her grab her diploma and take a picture for our professor. She smiled at me and blew a kiss. I blew one back. She finally walked off the stage and I sat back down. I watched as everybody finally walked across the stage and our dean walked up to the podium, and grabbed the microphone.

She spoke, "I just want to say that I'm proud of you guys. Here's to new beginnings. Just remember you can do anything that you put your mind to. Nobody can stop you from succeeding but yourself. I know that you guys will make me proud. To class of 2024." Everybody cheered as she finished her speech. "You guys may reunite with your friends and family." The dean told us. The students had to sit on the other side of the gym, away from our friends and family until the graduation was over. She was now letting us know that we could reunite with them. I searched around for Diamond at the same time I saw her walking towards me with her heels in her hand. I was really going to miss her.

"I'm going to miss you so much." She pulled me in for a hug when she reached me.

"I'm going to miss you too." I said as we pulled away from the hug.

"Girl you better keep in touch, don't get bougie cause you got a rich man and you gonna be living in a beach house now." She joked. I laughed. Diamond knew all about my plans with Kairo after I graduated.

"I promise I won't." I held out my pinky and she locked her pinky with mine. I felt some arms wrap around me and a kiss on my neck, I knew it was Kairo. I turned around to face him.

"I love you girl, imma go find me a fine man. Let me give yall some privacy." Diamond joked before she walked off and disappeared into the crowd of people.

"I'm so excited for you to come home. Congratulations, mama. I'm so proud of you." Kairo said. Tears began to form in my eyes because sometimes this felt too good to be true. Kairo wiped my tears from my eyes. "You okay, mama?"

I nodded. "I just love the fuck out of you."

He smiled, "I love you too. Now let's go home, mama." He grabbed my hand. I looked around for Diamond, giving her a hug and saying my final goodbyes and we headed out the door. This is really how my story ended.