007. take the moment and taste it

❝ the best people in life are free ❞
new romantics, taylor swift

❝ the best people in life are free ❞— new romantics, taylor swift

Liana left her car with one hand holding her bag, filled with her essentials for the period of the filming (her company had advised all of her teammates to do the same, which made Liana think that the next mission would be recorded mostly in the b...

Liana left her car with one hand holding her bag, filled with her essentials for the period of the filming (her company had advised all of her teammates to do the same, which made Liana think that the next mission would be recorded mostly in the building), and the other tightened around her cellphone, which she kept next to her ear as she heard her best friend's voice. Her busy hands made her close the car door with her feet, which made her glad for the choice of buying a new car in Korea — she'd never do something like that with someone else's car.

"I still wanna hear more about the hot tall dancer", Nanda's voice came out raspy and Liana knew it was because her stubborn ass of a best friend was trying to stay awake past normal hours (it was already 5pm in Korea and a round midnight in LA) to talk to her— Actually, to gossip. "Was it like a soulmate type of thing, 'I wanna date her', or more of a, like... 'let's make out in the bathroom'?"

"Nanda—", Liana tried to hold back a laugh but she failed miserably at it. The thought of someone hearing her best friend's words, even though they wouldn't understand shit, because Nanda was speaking Portuguese, made her want to laugh again. "You're the reason why people say love is dead and nothing is like old times—"

"Should I be upset? Thank fuck it's not", the Brazilian girl was quick to answer, her witty tone never failing even though she was probably almost sleeping out of tiredness. "Besides it's not my fault people are so close-minded that they think love's just when you date and oh my god, bouquets!, and dinners in candlelight and—"

"Because that's romance, you dumbass", Liana corrected her best friend, although she wasn't exactly scolding her. Nanda did have a record of short relationships and of shrugging when people said romance is not her way of doing things. At this point not even her parents believed she'd marry one day, even though Liana didn't remember Nanda ever saying she was opposed to it. "People associate both words. And to let you know it is very nice, I don't know why you're complaining when you've never done it."

"I don't have to taste to know it sucks", even though Liana couldn't literally see Nanda, she just knew her friend was rolling her eyes — it showed in her voice. "And I don't really care, anyway. Let's go back to the topic: your hot girlfriend."