Chapter 2: Letter and promise.

Grasping Hazel's hand in mine, I step forward getting out of the royal hall, because oh god! Is it getting difficult to control myself! I struggled with every step, trying to keep the anger inside of me from, bursting into incandescent rage

I am tired of seeing the few people I care about getting hurt due to their oh-so-great selflessness!

I can feel her taking my name and trying to grasp my attention, but I am not in the mood, and I don't want to burst out on her.

"Why?" I ask her lowly, closing the door of her room. The moonlight was filtering from the curtains setting a soft glow on the whole room making the tears in her eyes even more visible.

'Why, why does she not tell me? Did she think I would not be able to stop this? Or she doesn't think I am trustworthy enough to let me know? But didn't we know each other since childhood then why?'

All questions, all possibilities and worse case scenarios are racing through my mind, why, just wh-

"I have to" she says her gaze was low not meeting my eyes making it unable for me to know, what exactly is she feeling. "For the sake of Verimor" she continued before looking at me underneath her eyelashes.

I open my mouth to say something, to tell her 'How stupid her decision was' but I resist, it will not do any good to her or this situation.

"You don't need to sacrifice yourself for the sake of Verimor especially when you are not even responsible for it" I say looking outside the window, the lake that one can see from here, was covered with the bright glow of moon, small leaves falling from tree into it, just like tears were falling from her eyes.

"I have to, it's my home I can't let people suffe-"

"Hazel! Are you listening to yourself there was no need for you to sacrifice yourself. That Emperor asks for Ivy not for you." I burst out-I am fucking tired of her selflessness now, it is a good trait until it is in limit but now, she is selfless to no limit that cause everyone to take her advantage.

She moves her head away, her fists clenching while she looks down-I sigh, I should not take a harsh approach.

"Did he know now that he is married to you?" I asked raising an eyebrow looking toward her, she looks up meeting my eyes before nodding her head.

"By the looks of your face, I bet it does not go good." I say-because her face is tense so is her body language-almost if she is afraid.

"No-No, it was not bad he-" she starts speaking shaking her head in dismissal before I interrupt her pointless justification.

"You know that I can tell when people lie, don't you?" I say sitting on the green chair near her vanity, my eyebrows raised, and eyes trailed on Her's.

"I-His anger was justified." she says in a defeated tone. And I could not agree more-I mean what do you expect from someone when they got to know you got married to them without even their consent.