Chapter 5: Arrival at Edaneer

"Alara," Hazel calls, snapping her finger in front of me while tilting her head

"I hear you," I mumble shaking my head as I focus on her, her green gown shimmering softly in the light. We are back in her room after the incident with my mother in the garden.

We walk toward the exit silently both of us lost in our own thoughts. 

You still have to do the occasional missions.

Of course, what else did I expect from her, she will say this every time-

...but why was I even expecting something else?

Was I thinking that I would get away from doing those missions if I went to the northern kingdom? Perhaps one part of me does wish that, even after knowing it is quite difficult for that to come true.

Our steps come to a halt as we reach the main garden. 

And I sure as hell was not expecting to see what I see-

My eyes widen and my mouth agape as I stare forward, "The actual-" A large golden portal is open in front of the main door, while many workers enter with items in their hands and come back empty-handed, and the person who is opening it is, Allan!!

Isn't he supposed to have anti-Mana syndrome? If not, then why was I not able to conjure Mana at that time-this is confusing-

"Shit." Flicker mumble from my shoulder, with her expression mirroring mine- yeah, look like we both are in shock but-

Why do I feel that she is shocked by not just him using mana but also something else, "What?" I ask her, while she uses her hand to again move my head toward the peculiar scene in front of me. 

Shock X2, after once again looking at the scene in front, I can make out a small figure floating beside him, he has an, Elemental spirit too!!

Elemental spirits choose their friend by themselves that's true-but even though they have some rules, at least we humans think that I am pretty sure one of the rules is for the person to be able to conjure Mana. 

Just great, I have enough problems to deal with and now I have to stay alert of him too as somehow, he can stop me from conjuring mana just by touching me and- he can use mana too. And seeing the size of the portal it is obvious that in a good amount too.

"Let's go," I say nodding toward Hazel, if he can use Mana, has an elemental spirit, and can even break Mana flow in someone's body-then it is only a reason more to go to the Northen Kingdom at least to gather more information about this all, after all there may come a time when I will have to go up against him.

"Yeah." she said I can tell she is nervous; and truly I can't blame her she is most probably confused about what exactly now her future will be when she is married to Zane.