Chapter 4: Nightmare and Reality

Once again, I found myself in the very same dark abyss of darkness and loneliness, my hands reach toward my eyes, rubbing them, trying to figure out where I was

I take some steps forward in the dark place, the only light source being the fire lit at a distant distance. 

Gulping nervously, I increase my hold on the nearby wall, as I trudge forward, the Stoney pathway scraping my bare feet, I can feel the stings as they get wounded again and again.

A sharp gasp tore through my throat as I felt my body getting pressed against the wall, my eyes met with sharp emerald eyes that were shining. 

"Welcome back, little bird." The sinister voice rang in the cold air- that sent shivers down my spine-a voice I recognized too well.

I feel my hand trembling as I wipe the sweat from my forehead, my breath coming out in quick succession, why? why now, after all this time, why?

I clench the bedsheet in my hands- I am not going to sleep again-at least not today.

Soft sunrays filtering from the curtains fell on the floor, while the whole sky was covered with hues of red and yellow

Soft sunrays filtering from the curtains fell on the floor, while the whole sky was covered with hues of red and yellow. I sigh, getting off the bed and taking the bag off my shoulders.

I lightly flick Flicker's forehead while kneeling beside her, "What happened?" she mumbles stirring in sleep before she changes her position and again falls asleep.

"Flicker, see these are so beautiful flowers." I said, gasping pointing toward the window. Her little body shot up, her little hands rubbing her eyes while she looks outside her eyes wide and twinkling with excitement. "Where-where-where?"

I gave her a triumphant grin, shrugging "How can I know where?"

"You-"

"Let's go," I said flicking her a little away, with a wave of my hand, I whispered some words of ancient magic, As the spell left my fingertips, an arc of pale blue light traced a circle around. The faint outline of a door took shape in the air, and a gentle swirl of wind began to rotate the opening in a counterclockwise motion.