Chapter 11: Exes of Honor

Everly: We wish you were here, Lei

Leila: Me, too 🙁

Leila: I'll be home soon though!

Ara: HOW SOON

Leila: Secret

Everly: Pls come home before the wedding

Leila: Oo naman

Leila: That's like 3 months away pa

***

Walking into Everly's place, I immediately felt the relief of being away from the embarrassing things I pulled this morning at the farmhouse, and in that fucking riverbank.

Ugh. Anyway, I'm here for my best friend...

"Hello! I'm here, Madame Everly. And I am at your disposal," I said to my friend as I swept in inside her room and sat on her bed.

"Good! Thank God!" she said standing up and picking up her bag from her desk. You're coming with me. I need your opinion about my wedding dress."

I immediately perked up when I heard the words "wedding dress." "Whoa. Are we doing your final dress fitting? I thought papatulungin mo lang ako sa invitations and souvenirs!"

She nodded. "Now that you're single and you're here in Hermosa again, you can now be a part of my bridal party. Hindi naman nila kailangan malaman how single are you."

Everly and I were so freaking sad months ago because back then, we thought I won't be at her wedding. She wouldn't push me to come back here and I wouldn't ask her to get married somewhere else.

Unlike me, Hermosa loved her. She grew up here and continued to stay here even if the man she was marrying was in Manila. Her job and business are here. Her parents.

This is where her life is.

I flashed her an excited smile, the flutters in my stomach raging. "So are you asking me to be your bridesmaid now?"

My best friend smiled back giddily as she nodded. "Yup."

Jumping out of her bed, I engulfed her in a tight hug as I told her, "Yes, I'll be your fucking bridesmaid!"

She pulled away from me and her smile is fucking dazzling. "Even better, do you want to be my maid of honor?"

Immediately, I shrieked 'YES'! But mid-shriek, I realized something and blurted out my concern. "Maiinggit si Leila."

Everly laughed menacingly as she completely moved away from me. "Well, lintik lang ang walang ganti." She was probably referring to our other best friend's shenanigans in Singapore.

Tama si Everly. Lintik lang ang walang ganti.

"Are we going to tell her?"

Everly shook her head. "Magkakagulatan na lang sa kasal ko, katulad nang panggugulat niya sa atin last year!"

Ohh, I love this. Everly can really be scary at times.

After doing a few rounds in her bed-and-breakfast and leaving directions to her five staff, Everly and I went straight to her car at Ever's Meadow parking area. I was about to open her car when I noticed her take a seat at the nearest bench.

What the hell? Akala ko aalis kami for her dress fitting?

I walked towards her, on a mission. "Oh, bakit hindi pa tayo umaalis? Bakit hindi ka sumakay? Start the car, miss," I said, standing in front of her with my hands placed on my hips.