Chapter 14: Fresh Air, Salt Air

Ara: So...

Ara: I think I got someone got fired

Everly: I say...

Everly: DASURB

Everly: VINDICATION!!!!!!!

Leila: OMG???

***

After drowning in five Long Island Iced Tea—wait, was it five or is this my sixth glass? I think I had a few tequila shots too, and some frozen margs, too. I think may isa pa? Beer? Yes, I think I had a beer too!

"Hey, Ara. I need to cut you back, okay?" Reed said as he took my new drink someone else bought for me. Then he replaced it with another glass of cold water.

Pangalawang basong tubig ko na 'yan! Nakakasawa na, and I started going back in the restroom because of too much peeing. Ayoko naaa. I just want my fun drinks!

"Why? I'm going to pay! I'm not gonna be a user here!" I said to him, pouting while trying to reach my drink back.

"No one's accusing you of being a user," he grumbled as he placed a burger and fries in front of me. "Now, you may eat in silence."

I leaned towards him and my words started slurring. "Meron ngang nag-accuse! Si Mary Ann nga, diba? Hindi ka ba nakikinig sa kwento ko kanina?"

"Nakikinig ako," he shot back and pushed the plate of burger and fries in front of me again. "But you should know this by now, Ara. Other people's opinion of you is none of your business. You shouldn't care what they think. Bakit? Kilala ka ba niya talaga?"

"No," I answered, shaking my head which made me a little dizzy. "Pero ang sakit ng mga sinabi niya. She didn't even give me a chance to charm her, unang araw pa lang I can tell she didn't like me... and now it's confirmed that she hates me."

"That's what you get for being nosy."

I sighed and slumped over the counter. "Yeah, curiosity really killed this cat."

"Alright, I got it from here," a warm and deep masculine voice suddenly. Then an equally warm hand landed on my shoulder, and then to my side. "Thanks for taking care of her, Reed."

I looked up and was immediately stunned to see my ex-boyfriend's face looking down on me, standing behind me. "Apollo? What are you doing here?"

"The knight-in-shining armor has finally come to save his damsel-in-distress," Reed snickered.

"Shut up, Reed," Apollo and I said in unison, still staring at each other.

"Aww, look at you two!" "It's like you're sharing one brain cell again!"

I looked away from him immediately. But that was a mistake, it shook my balance making me queasy all of a sudden. "I think I'm gonna vomit,"

"Shit!" both of them shouted in panic.

***

Vomiting in an ice bucket wasn't fun. But thank God for that ice bucket, I would have vomited all over Farmclub's floor. Mas hindi ko kakayanin ang kahihiyan na 'yun.

"Apollo?" I called out to my savior, my eyes closed while the back of my head was resting on the passenger's seat headrest.

"Hmm?"

"Hindi ka ba napapagod sa akin?"

"Why are you asking me that?" he asked in return. Even if I'm wasted, I can tell he's staring at me by the way my face burns at the attention.