Chapter 15: Hot Mess Express

Ara: Why do I feel guilty???

Leila: Because you are a good person

Everly: Yup, that's right

Ara: Everyone here is so nice to me

Everly: WELL, THEY SHOULD BE

Leila: As they should!!!

***

I woke up with what felt like a jackhammer continuously pounding into my temples. The rough, dry feel of my whole mouth and the awful stench of my breath made me even more nauseous than I already felt waking up. Kanino bang idea 'yung mag-walwal nang walang pagkokondisyon kagabi?

Sa'yo malamang.

Ugh.

With my eyes still closed, I felt around my bed for my phone and found it nowhere. I had no choice but to open my eyes and look around for it. Still no dice. I gingerly sat up, wincing with every movement that would make my head hurt even more.

"Where the fuck is my phone?" I groaned as I looked around my room.

It was sitting on my bedside table, plugged into its charger, just beside a tall glass of water, salt crackers, and two tablets of Tylenol. There's also a note pinned under the glass.

My curiosity won me over. So I fought the urge to vomit and moved closer to the bedside table to take stock of my shit sitting there. I took the note and read it... I blinked several times before I read it again until I started to understand what the heck it was saying.

Finish this drink and call for Manang Jocelyn.

I asked her to save a warm plate for you.

Or you can ask her to heat your burger, that's fine too.

Just make sure to eat.

                              - Apollo

Just like the other note with the smartphone! It has a family sigil of the Arcangels, too.

Oh, my Gosh. Hindi ko na siya nakausap about it kagabi. Gusto ko siyang ibalik kay Apollo, it's just too much—

Suddenly, a barrage of memories of conversations I had last night flooded in my mind.

No. No fucking way I remember those words. I made sure to drink until I blacked out last night. I know that was the most irresponsible shit I pulled as of late, but deep inside I knew I'll be alright.

And I was right... but at what cost?

These new memories with Apollo!

Shit. I even told him I'd forget everything we talked about last night. I was so sure! Anong nangyari kagabi at hindi ako nakalimot?

Reed's smug face flashed in my mind. He cut off my drinks last night, giving me tall glasses of water that sent me to the bathroom all night! That douchebag probably watered down my drinks!

I groaned. Those two men... God, may mukha pa ba akong ipapakita sa kanila niyan? I'm such a mess. Hot mess express driven by yours fucking truly.

***

After an hour, I managed to follow Apollo's note and then I brushed my teeth, took a shower, and changed into new comfortable clothes. When I finally finished sorting myself out, I faced the inevitable and went to the kitchen to look for Manang Jocelyn.