Another Chance

(Plot: An au where Team iance doesn't loose in episode 11 of bfb.).

The hills rolled on a large concrete column of stairs, a bright scarlet button on top. Several contestants were making there way up, with Dora Book and Gaty at the bottom. The winds rolled as several people almost fell, barely keeping their footing. 

Match watched on, seeing the nerve racked Flower, stuck behind Tennis Ball. She was agitated that Flower couldn't just try harder to get past that green oath of a ball. "Ugh, Pencil wouldn't have let this, like, happen." she groaned, disappointed and annoyed. Behind her, Bubble had a look of anger, keeping her feelings bottled up till now. But not any longer.

"MATCH!!?" she blurted, demanding an answer, an angered look on her face that Match simply ignored. "What's gotten into you lately!?" she demanded, waving her arms in frustration.

"Bubble!" Match exclaimed, surprised yet glad her freind was talking to her again. "Finally your ready to talk to me. I'm, like, sorry for lying. None of us knew those quiz answers." she explained.

"Then why did you demote me!?" Bubble demanded to know, still feeling betrayed and hurt.

"I, like, just had to set an example so our teammates knew not to like, mess up." Match said, occasionally glancing at Flower. It was annoying that someone didn't seem to learn, but maybe she would prove a much more fulfilling and learnable example. She turned back to Bubble, putting a friendly hand on her shoulder. "Pencil's not around so, somebody, like, had to fill in. You, like, understand, right?" she asked, a smile on her face as she opened her arms up.

"Why'd you think thinking that would help?" Bubble asked as calm as she good, irritated and and frustrated.

"Bubble?" Match gasped, taken aback by Bubble's anger. "We needed a strong leader or.." she began to explain, only to get cut off.

"Or WHAT!? We'll LOSE!?" Bubble cried out, not caring about holding back what she thought and felt. "WHY HAVEN'T YOU NOTICED THAT THIS KIND OF LEADERSHIP HURTS PEOPLE EVRYTIME!!!?".

Match tried to respond but Bubble wouldn't let her.

"LAST TIME WE HAD PENCIL, WAS EPISODE 1!!! WHEN WE HURT FANNY, AND LOST THE CONTEST!!!".

The mention of Pencil and their loss back in that episode stung as Match was taken aback. looking back, it did make sense that they'd lost because of that, since they had focused more on using Lighting to hurt people like Fanny.

"And in episode 8, when you TOOK HER SPOT, we only survived because Stapy cheated." Bubble reminded, turning her back away from Match. "And you hurt me." she added, still bitter at how she'd been berated and made to feel almost worthless for not being able to answer Donut's illogical and complete Gibberish for questions.

"I can promote you back to me-" Match began, hoping her freind would be satisfied with that. After all, Bubble was mad about being demoted, right?

Yet Bubble wasn't happy with that idea. "THA'S MEANINGLESS!!!" she screamed, taking Match completely off guard for a second time. "When I struggle, I don't need a strong leader. I don't need Pencil.".

She looked at Match, a tear down her cheek as she let out her frustrations, her worries and her resentment.

"I needed you.".

Match was stunned, for the the first time in her life, not knowing what to say. Reaching out a hand, she finally spoke.

"Ok. I'm sorry for, like, trying to be someone else." she said, hoping it could be enough.

"Thanks for the apology but, I can't forgive you this fast.".

"HE-!!" Match spluttered, her anger rising. Yet, she stopped herself, realising she was acting exactly in the way she wanted to apologize for acting. "Ok...." Match said defeatedly, looking back towards Flower, worried.