Closure from Disaster (OOAK AU)

[Sequel to "Elimination Disaster"]

TW: SH (I think?) and Death 

Sunshine donned the island in a mellow glow, with springtime air to uplift moods. Across the landscape, grass was a pristine and sharp-cut green, contrasted by the tall, leafless trees, all of whom were sprouting new white flower buds and yellow lime feathers of foliage. High up, standing higher then the heavens were two huge platforms. One pink, the other yellow. Each connected by a bridge, with a white pad in the centre. Beneath, a huge box sprung all the way down, grey as rain clouds.

The group of Contestants huddled close by as Clover hit the on button, for the propped-up, fangled, and battered camera. "Greetings, viewers at home!" Silver proclaimed boldly, shoving balloon and Paintbrush aside as he put on a showman face for the shot. "You are now watching the first TELEVISED episode of inanimate insanity invitational, with flattering faces such as mine!". He gave a small twirl as the camera was moved onto a mildly annoyed but cheery Paintbrush. 

"And, a prime chance for ME, the dazzling paintbrush to be nominated by The Groscers!!!" They said, gesturing to themselves with pride and charm. Silver scoffed a slight chuckle. "Carefully Painty. You might blow yourself up trying." he said, holding back a laugh as he noticed their anger-strewing face.

"Well Silver, you sure have a lot to say to a Veteran player of ii...." they said, still holding up a look of charm. "And we all know the audience loves a good returner.". This statement made a nearby Yin Yang cough his drink slightly, the darker half raising their fist at their old Bright Light's leader. Their moved to speak, but Yin simply shut the lips, much to his other half's disgruntlement.

"Maybe." Silver retorted, scoffing again as he was up close and in Paintbrush's face. "But maybe today, Painty, the fresh face shall steal the show!".

"AND I'LL BE A PART OF IT!!!".

Both of them yelped, with Paintbrush falling over and Silver tumbling on his legs, barely managing to keep himself stood straight. They began a confused and angry debacle with the naive and cheery Floor, and Balloon walked away from his arguing team members. He stared up at the monolith pink tower, shining in its paleness and reflecting a sour taste in the air. 

"Had to get away from your team too huh?" he heard a familiar voice as he turned, spotting the sarcastic and sneering Nickel, leaning against the wall and jokingly shoving him with a knee. This would prove a little too far for what he could manage as he slipped on his other leg and fell face flat. Balloon chuckled as he helped his silvery coin friend up.

"I'm doing as well as you," he replied, seeing Nickel's team in the back. Yin Yang was busy debating whether they should eat the somehow still in good quality mile-high pie that had spots of mould along the height, half falling apart and greyed. Meanwhile Candle was nowhere in sight. "Even if our team manages, we aren't looking too strong. I mean, I had to" he said, whispering the next part so he wouldn't be heard by a specific Blue Phone. "Cheat, to get our win.".

"Yeah well, at least your team isn't with complex drama. "Balloon sighed, staring at Bot, who was sat, face expressionless as Goo obliviously yammered about Pine Cones. They adorned a yellow sombrero, with a banded pink strip around the base. His eyes were followed by Nickel as they looked towards the flat-faced bot.

Nearby, at the calm-down cabana, Test Tube sighed, still holding onto the bow file. She looked at blueprints in her other hand from when she was designing bot. "Hmmm...." she wondered, still unable to comprehend the previous night's elimination. Fan had asked her to tell, yet she'd hesitated. She'd failed to. And that failure had cost her one the greatest allies and friends.

What would Fan have done here? For all her knowledge, she was terrible at fixing her mistakes without much of a leg to stand on. And this time, hew sure could she be that she, the liar, scoundrel, identity enforcing scientist in over all her knowledge Test Tube gonna get through this?