Wattpad Original
There are 14 more free parts

Ch. 25: Wrong. She's mine.

I lightly knock on the wooden door, listening out for permission before I enter.

"Come in!"

I quietly step inside, finding Eva asleep on the bed and Reaper lying next to her, eyes red raw. He goes to stand upon seeing me, immediately succumbing to his tears.

"Come here," I encourage, opening my arms for him.

He curls into me, sobbing into the crook of my neck.

"I'm so sorry," I say, lightly caressing his back.

He continues to cry for a further ten minutes before pulling back to wipe under his eyes.

"Why don't you take an hour to go shower and eat something," I suggest. "I'll stay with Eva."

He looks towards his girlfriend on the bed, hesitant to leave.

"You need to take care of yourself, Reap."

"Yeah, okay."

I smile.

"Come find me if she wakes up."

I nod and practically shove him out the door, climbing into bed with Eva shortly after. I simply stare at the ceiling for thirty minutes, interrupted when she stirs, voice thick with sleep.

"Where's Reaper?"

"I sent him away to shower and eat," I explain, removing the hairs sticking to her wet cheeks. "Do you need me to do anything?"

She shakes her head, resting her cheek on my shoulder.

"I have a confession," I state, gently stroking her hair.

"Hmm?"

"I slept with Torin last night."

She releases a small laugh.

"Sorry. I know he's your fiancé."

She looks up at me and smiles, genuinely amused. "Maybe now he won't be so grumpy all the time."

"I hardly think Torin's anger stems from not getting laid."

"I think that's exactly where it stems from," she argues, eyes brightening.

She goes to sit up and winces.

"Does it hurt?" I ask.

She nods, holding her stomach. "Yeah. The doctor said it'll likely pass in a day."

I stare at her, in awe of her strength.

"I'm so fucking sorry, Eva."

She takes hold of my hand and squeezes, unable to respond vocally.

"If there's anything I can do..."

"Can you help me shower?" she asks. "And change into some fresh pyjamas."

I do exactly that, helping her walk towards the en suite bathroom. Once stripped, I sit myself on the edge of the bath and talk to her the entire time she washes. I then help her dry her hair and hold her when she breaks down, her sobs heart breaking.

"It doesn't feel real," she cries.

Somewhere amidst her distress, Reaper returns freshly showered with a bunch of flowers. Seeing this makes Eva cry even harder and I do my best to quietly slip out, giving the pair some much needed privacy. I'll check back in with them later. For now, I have responsibilities to uphold. A role to fulfil.

"Can you have Maeve for a few hours?" I ask, poking my head around Fiona's workstation.

She refuses to work in an actual office and insists the kitchen table does her just fine.