A deadly end

I was before the crowd of commoners and poduim of nobles, destined to hang they say.
All for crimes i didn't even commit, attemted murder on the crowned princess, treason, fraud and even the murder of my family. Who falsely accused me of all these horrible deeds you may ask, why the prince and his new fiancée, to be more clear, the love of my life and my best friend.

A few weeks ago the royal guards swarmed the house early morning along with the prince, everyone was held hostage in their rooms exept for me, no i was draged by Prince James to my mother and fathers study and made to watch as he slaughtered them, as i was crying over their bodies it gave him the perfect opportunity to pin the blame on me, as my dress was stained with their blood from cradling their bodies the prince tossed his sword over to me and suddenly called for the guards, as if on cue all the servants where allowed to come see the spectacle, the prince said that my parents had sent letter to him as they needed to speak to him in private because they had found ledgers that where forged and believed i was depriving duchy funds and tried to cancel the engagement as to deal with the mess and in blind rage i had killed them. Who would have thought otherwise, i was covered in their blood while in emotional distraught with a bloody sword next to me, he planned it perfectly, my fathers personal butler whom always seemed cold towards me knew it was a lie ,unfortunately out of rage he tried to attack the prince and was cut down on the spot, thus believing he was under my orders, i was accused of treason.

Two weeks later my best friend Angelina was named the new fiancée of the crown prince, that very same day she almost fell victim to an assassination attempt had the prince not been there, this too was pinned on my head, with so many crimes against my name, hanging to death was my penalty.

Only the day before my execution had Angelina my and James the come to visit my cell, only to laugh at me and tell me how they had planned it all, Angelina had told James that i had bullied her for years and confided in her how i was only using him to become queen. Needless to say he had believed her.

In a way im glad im destined to hang, i have nothing left to live for, my family is dead, even if i wasn't destined to hang id never be able to take revenge against the prince.

I dropped my head listing as he told the crowd in great detail about my supposed crimes and misdeeds. Finally after a while his speech came to an end and he walked back to Angelina.

It didn't take long before it seemed the orde was given, but instead of a rope around my neck, a mage stepped up and cast a spell, suddenly i was on the floor in so much pain, these bastards, it was a mix of water and air magic, the spell was pulling the oxygen from my body while the water magic kept my blood flowing, this was a cruel death as it could take hours before a person died, the water magic would pull the oxygen in my blood to my lungs while the air magic pulle it out, to put it blunt, it felt like drowning without being able to just die.

As my body was fighting for air all i could do was wish for a second chance,id show them, id show them all, it took hours for me to slowly lose all conciseness.

I had finally died, my suffering was over, finally, it was all over.

Or so i had hoped

__________________________________

"Miss, please wake up"

I slowly opened my eyes and shot up in bed, martha my old personal maid was standing by the door, i had fired her when i was 14 because Angelina said she saw her steal my jewelry.

"Martha, what day and year is it?"

"Its the 19the of Augmaple miss, its the 38th year of christopher"
She gave me a worried expression.

Before you ask, our years are dictated by the high priest, all countries have temples and such, but in Leonia our neiboring kindom the high priest resides this year, a priest in direct contact with the Gods, every year the high priest travels to a new temple, upon arivel at one of these temples it shall be marked as a new year.And when the high pries dies, a new one takes his place, thus a new decade

"Thank you martha, please go and prepare my breakfast, im feeling a bit ill, but tell mother and father its nothing serious"

"Yes my lady"

Once she left i got up and walked to the mirror, as i thought, im 12 years old , that gives me 9 years to change my fate and that of my family, to do that, id have to gain enough influence as to be able to break of the engagement with the prince, however as for Angelina, she can have him,  I have to make our duchy the richest most influential house in the kingdom, and to do that, things are going to need to change around here.

They wanted me to be the villain of their story, thats fine, I'll be the biggest, baddest villain there is, they won't have the power to kill me, I'll make sure of it.