24.Truth or dare?

Liora huffed in her last class as she glanced around at the other students.

"Okay, so the project is going to be 50% of your grade," announced her teacher, scanning the room. "Each of you will choose a major historical event. I will pair you up, and over the next few weeks, you will work on it," she explained. Liora closed her eyes and listened as the teacher listed off names.

"And Liora and Elijah," she said. Liora looked over at Elijah. He was a cute boy with brown hair and blue eyes. She believed he was a baseball player, but she wasn't sure.

"Hey," Elijah said, walking up to her with a smile. Liora looked up through her eyelashes and returned the smile. "So, um, do you have any ideas for the project?" he asked, sitting down next to her.

"Not really," Liora said, tilting her head to the side.

"Well," Elijah said in a flirty manner as he leaned back in his seat. Liora couldn't deny that he had a charming smile. "Why don't we make a date and grab a coffee or something?" he asked, his eyes scanning her face.

"Oh, um, sure, yeah," Liora said. "You know where the food drive is, right?" she asked. He nodded.

"I have to be there with my sister tomorrow anyway. If you could make it," Liora said, looking at him, "we can talk about the project then," she said.

"Among other things," Elijah said, making Liora let out a small laugh. "Unless, you know, you and... Cole Walter are a thing?" That made Liora's eyes snap to his.

"What? Me and Cole? Why would you think that?" Liora asked. Elijah just shrugged.

"Yeah, people have been talking about that party," he said. Liora shook her head, not understanding what that had to do with anything. "They said you and him have a thing, and you went up there because he was with Erin," Liora was shocked. At what point in the whole conversation did she ever make it seem like she was up there for Cole?

"No, no, that's not—" Liora started to say, but stopped when he interrupted.

"They said Cole invited you, and you said no, but then you went after him," he said as the bell rang.

"I went to get my sister," Liora said. Once again, he shrugged.

"Hey, it doesn't matter to me. Cole doesn't do the real thing, if you know what I mean," Elijah said as he stood up. "But I will see you tomorrow for our... date." And with that, he walked away, leaving Liora sitting there.

Her and Cole? There's no way, right? She didn't like Cole like that, right? Her and Cole wouldn't be good for each other. Liora's mouth twisted in a grimace; she knew that she didn't take people's crap, and she sure as hell wouldn't take his. His whole relationship POV would have to change for anything to happen.

For one, she would never be someone's side thing; she would never be somebody's plaything either. Her and Cole would be a storm, a very, VERY bad storm.

But now Liora couldn't help but think about it. Her and him would be like Harley Quinn and Joker. She knew that wasn't good, but the thought of them together made Liora's chest tighten. She maybe just a little bit wanted to know what it would be like.

Liora let out a sigh, shaking her head as she packed up her things and walked out of the classroom.

As liora strolled through the school's parking lot, the afternoon sun casting long shadows across the pavement. She made her way to her car and found Cole waiting there.

"Where is everyone else?" Liora asked as she stopped next to the car.

"They're doing their own thing," Cole replied with a shrug. "It's just us."

Liora nodded and walked around to the passenger side, opening the door and getting in. They both sat in silence as Cole drove them down the road. Liora glanced over at Cole, who met her gaze briefly before returning his attention to the road.

"Stop at the watering hole," Liora suddenly said, looking out the window. Cole was a bit confused, but he complied, his eyes briefly meeting hers before he pulled over.

Liora got out of the car and walked down to the river, gazing out at the peaceful water. "Rory?" Cole asked, following her down to the riverbank. Liora closed her eyes and took a deep breath. Why she was about to do this, she didn't know, but she felt compelled to find out.

"Truth or dare?" Liora asked, turning to face him. Cole tilted his head, taking a step closer.

"Truth," Cole replied. Liora looked back out at the water, contemplating her question.

"Are you and Erin together?" Liora asked, her eyes meeting Cole's over her shoulder. Cole remained quiet for a moment.

"No," Cole finally said as he walked up to her.

"Truth or dare?" he asked.

"Truth," Liora said, looking up at him.

"What's one thing you haven't told anyone here?" Cole inquired. Liora nodded and looked away, contemplating her response.

Liora hesitated for a moment before turning to face Cole, looking up at him. Her hands moved to rest on his chest as she took a step forward, her eyes locked with his.

Cole moved his hands to her waist, slowly leaning down as Liora reciprocated by placing her hand on the back of his head, gently pulling him closer. Their lips met in a tender, lingering kiss.

As Liora pulled back gently, her eyes opened to meet his. Her heart was pounding, and her breath came out in light huffs as Cole pulled her back to him, his lips meeting hers in a more intense, passionate manner.

Liora's hands found their way to his waist as she pulled his body closer to hers. As she pulled back to catch her breath, her eyes locked with his, and in that moment, she realized something she hadn't fully comprehended before.

Oh this was not good she was in trouble