33.put you in one of your mood

Liora strolled down the hall with her phone in hand, having taken her uncle's advice to text some of her friends from New York. They were all excited to chat, especially Lima, her best friend from back then.

As she turned into the cafeteria, Liora scanned the room until she found Erin. Liora had received a thank you card for all the girls that where in the dance and was planning to have Erin relay the information to everyone else.

"I hope we don't have to see Jackie and Alex all over each other at the bonfire," Liora overheard Erin say as she walked up behind them.

"Well, just because you haven't actually had a loving relationship doesn't mean others don't," Liora said, stopping next to where they were sitting. "There's a simple solution to the problem you have. If you don't like to see it, don't look," she added with a smile. Erin rolled her eyes as she looked up at her.

"What do you want, Liora?" Erin asked, prompting Liora to pull out a paper and hand it to her.

"thank you things," Liora said as Erin looked at the paper. "make sure everyone gets one," she instructed.

"Okay," Erin replied, looking up at her as Liora nodded.

"Rory!" When her name was called, Liora looked over to see Cole standing with Jackie and Alex. He nodded for her to come over. Liora looked back at Erin with a smile.

"See ya," she said and walked over to them just as Jackie and Alex kissed. Liora walked around them and stopped next to Cole as he gestured for her to leave.

Liora nodded as she and Cole walked away to the hall. "So, are you going to the bonfire or sitting this one out too?" Cole asked as he looked down at her.

"It's just one night, right?" Liora said, having thought for a while about going. "And just so you know, I am the best at beer pong," she added. Cole smiled at her.

"I guess we'll see, won't we?" he said as they stopped at her class. "Well, I'll see you later," he said. Liora nodded and looked up at him as he smiled down at her.

"See ya," she said, walking into her class. As the day ticked on slowly, her classes went by even slower until her last class rolled around.

"Hey, Liora," Elijah said, sitting next to her with a smile. "You never texted," he said. Liora gave him a small smile.

"Yeah, I'm sorry, something came up," she said, pulling out her notebook. "But I got everything we need, so here," she said, handing him the papers.

"So, are you going to the bonfire?" he asked, his eyes moving away from the paper and up to hers. Liora nodded. "Maybe we can get together," he said. Liora looked up at him with raised eyebrows.

"I mean, yeah, if we happen to see each other," Liora said, nodding as Elijah smiled. The two sat in silence for the rest of the class until the bell rang. Liora didn't waste any time to bolt out of the room.

As she walked to the parking lot, she pulled out her phone to call Jackie but stopped when she saw a message from her with her location.

Furrowing her eyebrows, she continued walking until she made it to the restaurant. As she walked in, her eyes found Jackie, who was with Alex and a girl she had never really met before.

The moment Jackie saw her, she waved her over, looking like something was wrong. Liora walked over, her eyes moving up and down her sister's face. She went to say something but stopped when the door opened, and in walked Cole with his friend and... Erin. Liora's jaw clenched.

"Running with the old crowd again?" Liora said quietly as she looked at Cole, who only gave her a lazy smile.

"Don't start. It's supposed to be a good day. Wouldn't you want to put you in one of your mood would we?" Cole mumbled back. Liora glared at him. They weren't together, but they weren't in the friend area either, so he could hang out with whomever he wanted, and so could she, because that's the game he plays, right? And now she found herself where she told herself she wouldn't be.

Liora stood there, not listening to them anymore. She was mad, though she shouldn't let herself be. She should just play the game he was playing and see how he liked it.

Before she knew it, she found herself sitting in a chair, occasionally looking up at the game they were playing. This was stupid; she should have just gone back to the house.

"Rory!" Jackie said, making Liora look up at her from her phone. "Tell him he can't build anything on her roads," she said. Liora only shook her head.

"Jackie, I don't know how to play that game," Liora said as she glanced at Cole. He was being a jerk on purpose; she could see it in his eyes and in the stupid smirk. Liora bit the inside of her cheek and started grabbing her things. "I have to go though. I'm meeting someone."

That made Cole's eyes snap up to hers as she stood up. "Who?" Cole asked before anyone else could, his eyes staying on hers.

"Someone for my class," Liora said. Cole raised an eyebrow as if he didn't believe her. "Elijah," she blurted out, even though she really wasn't, but the look on his face was enough for her.

"Oh, the one from the coffee shop?" Jackie said. That made it all the better; Cole's jaw clenched as Liora nodded with a smile and walked away. She had to search for a ride back to the house, but it didn't take long to find one.

"Thank you," Liora said to the girl, who nodded and waved her by as Liora made her way out.