34.see where things go

Liora sat at her desk, her eyes scanning the very long text from Jackie about how Cole stole a Paige from Alex and how they fought over it. It was something she never thought she would hear, like a twisted soap opera drama.

Liora didn't want to let herself care about what happened when they weren't there; it wasn't her problem. But she didn't like Paige at all.

She dropped her phone on her desk and let out a huff. It was a bad idea to even think about getting with Cole or that there was anything. She hated herself right now because she did like Cole, she liked him a lot. He didn't do anything over the break; he was sweet and just everything she wanted. And now he was back to what he was before.

Shaking her head, she pushed the thought of him away as she pressed play on her show and turned back to her homework. When her door opened, Liora didn't even look up at who it was.

"I don't know, whatever it is," she said.

"Really?" Cole said, making Liora turn to him with raised eyebrows.

"What?" Liora said, edging away in her chair as he just stood there for a moment before closing the door. "Look, Cole, I have things to do," she said.

"You're home early for meeting someone," Cole said, walking toward her. Liora just turned away from him. "Unless you didn't," he said, stopping behind her chair and leaning on it, so she could feel his hot breath on her neck.

"Stop," Liora mumbled as she grabbed the pen in her hand tighter, feeling uncomfortable as she crossed her legs together, but he didn't listen.

"Are you trying to make me jealous because you're jealous?" Cole said, watching Liora as he absently twisted her hair around his fingers.

"What game are you trying to play with me?" Liora asked, her head tilted as Cole looked down with a smug smile, causing her to clench her jaw. Did he find this amusing?

"I could ask the same question, Liora," Cole said, making her glance away. She wasn't trying to play games, but she couldn't easily walk away from something that angered her without feeling she had settled the score.

"I'm not doing this right now," Liora said, pushing herself away from him and striding to her bed. "I'm not playing any games; I'm just trying to do my homework. So, Cole, get to the point you want to make," she said, looking up at him.

"I... I want to see where things go," Cole said. Liora couldn't hide the shock on her face. She sat there for what felt like forever, just looking at him.

"What?" Liora said, shaking her head. Was he joking? "Cole, that's not funny-" she started, but he cut her off.

"I want to see if there's... something here," Cole said as his eyes met Liora's. She just sat there. "I think it would be better for everyone if just you and... me... figure this out," he said.

"Oh, you are struggling with this, aren't you?" Liora said, looking up at him. Cole just rolled his eyes.

"Rory," Cole said. Liora just smiled.

"Okay, Cole, we'll see."

.
.
.
.

Liora walked down the stairs, pulling her hair up into a ponytail. "Oh, Rory," Katherine said as Liora entered the kitchen. "Are you going to eat now or when you get back?" she asked. Liora looked into the dining room and, to her surprise, saw a guest she believed was named Mato.

"Oh, um, no, I'm going to run and eat whenever I get back," Liora said, smiling up at Katherine, who nodded. Liora turned and walked out the door to her mats. She did her stretches and began her routine.

After a little while, Liora allowed herself to take a breath and sat down on the mats, enjoying the quiet, only for voices to grab her attention.

"How many months are you behind?" she heard, and her eyes moved over to see George and Mato.

"Eight," George said. Liora looked down, she had realize that they were having a hard time, but she didn't know it was that bad. Her eyes moved back, only to meet his.

Liora moved quickly to put on her shoes so she could run before he got there, but she wasn't fast enough.

"Rory," George said, stopping in front of her. Liora rubbed her lips together as she looked up at him.

"Hi," was all that came out of her mouth as she looked around. "I was just about to go for a run," she said, attempting to walk away.

"Rory," he said, and she stopped, looking back at him.

"I'm sorry, I was already out here, I...," Liora stopped as she looked down. "I... I didn't hear a lot," she said, looking down.

"No, no, it's fine," he said, shaking his head. "Just go ahead and go for your run," he said. Liora bit her lip as she ran off.

This wasn't good.