35.Well, I guess you know now

Liora stood, gazing into the mirror and lightly fluffing her wavy hair as she glanced back at Jackie. "Are you sure you want to go?" Jackie asked. Liora nodded as she walked over to her.

"Yeah, I mean, do you remember what happened the last time you went to a party without me?" Liora asked, a small smile playing on her lips as Jackie nodded and looked down.

"No fighting, okay?" Jackie said, causing Liora to roll her eyes and huff.

"I plan on having a fun night," Liora said as she turned back to Jackie. "As long as no one opens their mouths, it will be fine," she added. Jackie let out a small breath and nodded as the two made their way out of the room to join Alex and Danny.

"Come on, Cole will be leaving soon and he's our ride," Alex said, grabbing Jackie's hand. Liora let out a sigh; she and Cole hadn't talked in nearly two days, and she didn't really know why, but she knew that the situation was just a big mess.

Liora had come to the conclusion that when he asked her to see where things could go, he didn't think it through and now didn't want to. She really didn't know, but she wasn't going to dwell on it now. Liora turned to Danny with a smile as she linked her arm with his.

"You'll be my friend tonight?" Liora asked, looking up at him. Danny smiled and nodded as they walked down the stairs and out the front door with everyone else to the car.

"Come on, don't you guys have friends?" she heard Cole say as she got in the car. Of course, he didn't want to take them, Liora could tell.

Liora seated herself next to Isaac. His head snapped over to her, making Liora raise an eyebrow. "So I think we should have a hang out tonight," he said, and everyone looked at him. "I have not seen you snap off at someone, and if it happens tonight, I want to see."

"No, she promised she wouldn't!" Jackie said. Liora shook her head.

"I said if no one says anything," Liora told her, then looked back at Isaac. "I'm not going to snap off at anyone, okay? This is going to be a good night, but if I do... you will know," she said.

"Yeah, you will hear her," Jackie mumbled, making Liora roll her eyes as they met Cole's gaze in the mirror. Her eyes moved away as his did when the car started to move.

Liora didn't know what his problem was, but he asked her, not the other way around. She would just rather he tell her "I changed my mind" than be like he was being. But, like she already said, he wasn't going to ruin the only night she was letting herself have fun.

As they pulled up, Liora pushed herself out of the car. "Come on," Isaac said, and Liora followed as he got her a drink. Her eyes moved around, taking in the sight of the fire, people playing games, and throwing the football around.

As the sun dipped lower, Liora finished her first drink, then her second, and then her third. After a few more, she made her way to Jackie and Alex.

"Hey," Liora said, stopping next to them as they looked up at her.

"Is it just me or has he been watching you?" Jackie said, making Liora look at her, confused, as she looked around.

"Who?" Liora asked.

"Cole," Alex said. Liora's eyes found Cole; he was indeed looking at her, but she hadn't been giving him her attention. "Is there something going on between you two?" he asked. Liora shook her head.

"He's just an ass," Liora mumbled, taking a sip of her drink as she looked away from Cole.

"We're going to go talk," Jackie said, making Liora nod before turning to find Isaac.