Use and throw of Pratiksha

The next morning. Secret's Headquarters. Pratiksha was already waiting in the meeting room at 7:30am after being escorted by the front desk staff. She was earlier than Siya Rastogi and the others by half an hour.

Meanwhile, Payal was under the assumption that Pratiksha was still snoring away in bed.

Never would she have thought, by the time they arrived at the meeting room, Pratiksha had already been waiting for quite some time.

Siya Rastogi had a confused look on her face. She originally wanted Pratiksha to arrive at 9am - she was supposed to be so late, she wouldn't even be allowed in the meeting room. She planned it this way so Pratiksha wouldn't get the chance to find out she had intentionally given the wrong time. But right now, Pratiksha had arrived early. It was clear Pratiksha knew she had the intention to eliminate her. However, she didn't care, she was still the organizer of this event and no one could defy her.

"Pratiksha, why are you here so early?" Payal asked frustratedly; it appeared Siya Rastogi's plan did not work on Pratiksha.

"My friend was passing by, so on the way to work, he dropped me off," Pratiksha explained calmly.

"Enough talking, the meeting is about to start," Siya Rastogi reminded the two to be quiet.

Not long after, the person in charge entered the meeting room. She was a 40-something-year-old middle-aged woman. Behind her, followed two assistants that carried a huge stack of documents.

"Siya Rastogi, I have looked at the information regarding these two models." The woman raised her head and took one glance at both Pratiksha and Payal before she continued talking, "However, I only want one of them. I know everyone's time is precious, so I'm not going to go around in circles; I want Payal. As for Pratiksha, I don't think she is suited to the theme of our shoot."

She directly threw Pratiksha's portfolio on the table in front of them.

"It's OK if you don't want Pratiksha, I have other models for you to choose from."

Things had panned out the way Siya Rastogi had expected. After all, Siya Rastogi had been implanting negative ideas of Pratiksha into this woman's head for quite some time. She immediately took out the portfolios of her other models and handed them to the woman in front of her. Not only did she find a way to get rid of Pratiksha, she managed to make good use of her - Payal had benefited and Siya Rastogi also had the opportunity to introduce some of her other models.

"Let me have a look before I make a decision," the woman asked her assistants to collect the portfolios and prepared to get up. However, Pratiksha held her back by suddenly speaking.

"May I ask what theme you speak of, Miss Mina?"

The woman obviously did not expect Pratiksha to speak up, so she replied, "Oriental Trend, I assume a dull person like yourself isn't too suited."

"Has Miss Mina seen any of my works or seen me in any of my shows?" Pratiksha challenged with a smile.

"Aren't you a...newcomer?" she asked; she obviously had never heard of Pratiksha.

"Let me first ask you, was it Miss Rastogi that told you I was a newcomer?" Pratiksha remained calm - not wanting to sound overbearing.

"Pratiksha, don't go too far!" Siya Rastogi quickly growled as she glared at Pratiksha, "This is a decision between us, you don't have the right to question it."

"You used my popularity to bring Payal to the US and then used my name to boost your newcomers. You've used me so thoroughly, am I not allowed to ask a few questions?" Pratiksha asked sharply as she smiled at Siya Rastogi.

"Pratiksha, you really don't know how to be tolerant."

"My tolerance isn't used to tolerate jerks, tramps and their wonderful relatives..."

Pratiksha said towards Siya Rastogi before she turned back to Miss Mina,

"Since you haven't seen any of my shows, then let's not bother putting on this act. How about this, let's bet...before we even hit tomorrow morning, you will already regret your decision."

After the words left her mouth, Pratiksha took big steps as she led Sudiksha and Nancy out of the room; putting on her sunglasses as she went.

Miss Mina was stunned by Pratiksha's confidence. After Pratiksha left she immediately questioned Siya Rastogi, "Who is this model?"

Siya Rastogi was so angry her face was glowing red. She straightforwardly replied, "A newcomer model that will never get anywhere - no one important."

Miss Mina didn't think much of it as she turned around to leave the meeting room, ready to hand over the rest of the meeting to other staff to discuss costs. At this time, Payal stood up and fueled Siya Rastogi's anger, "Siya di, Pratiksha really beginning to not show any respect. She doesn't even have any regard for you."

Vikrant wasn't present; this was a fight amongst the girls. So, Siya Rastogi didn't have to hold back, "She wants me to regret? Has she even taken a look at herself? Prepare yourself, once your value goes up, Pratiksha will have to kneel before you and polish your shoes."

"Yes Siya di, I will not disappoint you."

Payal promised to herself, she was going to teach Pratiksha a lesson and even if Pratiksha was to retaliate, she wasn't going to have a fighting chance.

After leaving Secret's headquarters, Pratiksha returned to the manor with Nancy and Sudiksha. Although they had mentally prepared themselves, Sudiksha was still trembling in anger.

"I've never seen such a shameless person. The members of the Rastogi family keep getting worse and worse."

"Pratiksha, what do you plan on doing now?" Nancy questioned Pratiksha. "We've already drawn the line with the Rastogi siblings."

"You think if I hadn't drawn the line, they would have let me off easily?" Pratiksha laughed, "As I said earlier: Secret will personally give me a call tomorrow, or perhaps, they won't even be able to wait until tomorrow morning."

"OK, since you already have everything planned, we will just wait patiently for the result."

Nancy was extremely curious how Pratiksha was going to turn the tables, but she also knew Pratiksha was a very careful person. Until she had 100% certainty, she wasn't going to reveal anything. So, all they could do now was sit and wait patiently.

The truth was, even before Moksh had handed her an invite to the American Photography Exhibition that morning, Pratiksha already had other plans to deal with the situation. But Moksh's intention was obvious: since Payal recruited the help of Siya Rastogi, why couldn't she depend on him for once?

After all, Moksh promised he wasn't going to come forward or help her pull relations; he simply gave her a chance at a fair fight with Payal. So, in the end, Pratiksha agreed to attend.

The exhibition was to be attended by many famous photographers, magazines and personalities, including...people from Secret. Most importantly, her mentor, the editor of Royal Magazine, was the organizer.

The exhibition was scheduled for that night. So, after returning to the manor, Pratiksha quickly went to prepare. Even though the Entertainment Industry had its rules, it didn't mean there was no chance of change.

Siya Rastogi thought she was in control, but tonight, Pratiksha was going to let her know, in reality, she was nothing. The consequences of her arrogance was, she would only be able to control B-grade models like Payal to satisfy her ego.

She didn't need to remind everyone she was Kira, all she needed to do was stand beside her mentor and everyone would know, her status was above average.

Her? A newcomer? Who said so?