2

Steve

I decide to agree to take on the new recruit Evan Buckley...it says he's a minor which is shocking the youngest a person has ever made it onto a SEAL team is my man Kelly Severide at age 22 he's been on my team for three years making him now 25.

I have to break it to my team that were adding another member and he is extremely young. "Hey stand to attention I have an announcement to make." I say sternly everyone standing to attention and I take a deep breath.

"As you know I've been putting off waiting for the perfect applicant in the academy to come across my desk to pick for this squad. Three weeks ago I saw a file of a person in BUDS who has times the same and better than mine."

"Sounds good than Steve why do you look worried?" Hondo asks me and I bite my lip and take a deep breath. "He has set new records not only in training but he is the youngest one to make it through hell week. His name is Evan Buckley age 17 and he will be here tomorrow he's already made it to LA Severide I expect you to play nice."

They are all speechless looking at me dumbfounded and not knowing how to respond. "He's a kid?" David coughs and his eyes are bulging out of his head and I hum in response knowing they are all hating this. "You hired a fetus?" Kelly hisses making me rub my head and sigh.

"Look his numbers are amazing and it doesn't say...the academy said their not releasing his birthday until he starts due to him being a minor, don't jump to conclusions though he was scouted from a recruiter found lifting 300lbs no back support."

Ken nods his head and looks impressed at the chart he has and I have to say I am to. I may be taking a huge risk bringing a kid on but well see. "Just remember he went through the same training and same standards and passed them that we all had to go through so he earned his place."

"This isn't gonna end well." Severide hisses out when I tell them at ease and I just roll my eyes. "Shut up Severide and call your boyfriend or something." Hondo growls falling onto the bean bag. 

.

.

The next morning a young kid walks in the first thing I notice is he seems nervous but not about the job. I see a healing handprint that is almost faded all the way but not quite yet confusing me I really hope that it wasn't his family.

"I was told that I could find Lieutenant Mcgarrett in here." His voice is deep and strong but also very timid like he doesn't talk to people often. "You must be Evan Buckley my 17 year old new recruit nice to meet you." 

I say offering my hand and he shakes it and than what came out of his mouth shocked us all to the core. "Uh I-I'm actually 16 and a half." I don't lose words easily ask my Danno I am a talker but what he just said had everyone in the unit jaws dropped. "Hold up can you repeat that?" Hondo says looking at him he is sitting straight up."

"I'm 16?" He responds like it's not a big deal and it's awkward silence in the shared tiny house I knew he was a minor but 16. I look at him and you can tell he's hiding his emotions but you can sense the fear on him.

"Uh ok your a lot younger than I anticipated." I say rubbing my forehead breaking the silence. 

"Welcome Evan sit where ever." He nods his head going to the furthest away from us and his hood is up making me sigh. The squad is quite for a few hours talking to each other Evan is just sitting there reading training guides and biting at his nails.

I sit there watching him I can tell Kelly is pissed feeling threatened and uneasy and I know Evan senses that to. The birth mark makes him look even younger than he already is. 

I step outside to call Danny to I told him I would tell him about the new recruit.

"Aww hey Baby how are you?"