The Black-Mud Swamp

(Not my artwork, but this is an idea of Artemis's swamp outfit

(Not my artwork, but this is an idea of Artemis's swamp outfit. Pretend the undershirt and headband are navy blue)

>>>

Palladium's Class

Palladium: So, as I was saying, today's exercise will be rather difficult.

Francine: Professor Palladium, a mosquito just bit me!

Palladium: Well, we are in a swamp, and it's just a mosquito. It's no big deal.

Francine: But look where it got me!

*She lifts one side of her shorts. Palladium, obviously nervous, backs away and stutters.*

Palladium: Oh my! From- Well, um... what I meant was... uh... T-to be "shorts" and to uh eh... the point...

*The students laugh at Palladium.*

Bloom: Poor professor. They shouldn't give him such a hard time.

Stella: If he were more confident, he'd get more respect.

Artemis: Stella's right, confidence is key. Palladium doesn't have that.

Palladium: A good fairy should be able to listen to what nature tells us. Today's exercise is designed to put your skills to the test. Now, you've all been put into groups, so we're ready to begin. You have three hours to get out of Black-Mud Swamp and reach the clearing in the middle of Gloomy-Wood Forest, without using magic. Remember, listen carefully to the voice of nature, and follow its advice.

*Palladium teleports and leaves the girls in the middle of the swamp. The five main fairies break off into their little group, getting knee-deep in mud.*

Stella: This place is... ew... totally disgusting.

Musa: Oh, yes, dear. All this mud is so very inconvenient.

*Artemis chuckles*

Tecna: I don't know if you realize it, but we're knee-deep in what I would refer to as a problematic mud puddle. All right, you guys, take cover! I'll handle it.

*Tecna's hands begin to sparkle.*

Bloom: No, Tecna, don't! We have to listen to nature. I smell something, what is it?

Artemis: Don't ask me, I have no idea.

Stella: He said "Listen," not smell.

*Stella sniffs*

Stella: It kinda smells like...

Musa: It smells like gas! Let's get out of here.

*The group runs for cover, and Bloom picks up a stick.*

Bloom: Okay, let's see...

*Bloom throws the stick and pops a gas bubble. A cloud of gas shoots up, followed by several more bubbles popping and releasing more of the gas.*