Josh

"I fucking miss you. Bitch!"

My eyes flicker open to the sound. What did I do wrong?
Me. Bitch!
But the good part is she is missing me.
But the scary one is she is confessing.

Jules is damnation, my personal hell for which I'm ready to be a sinner with no escape and mercy.
But most importantly she my inspiration.
For whom I'm ready to cross the bridge even though its about to collapse if I'll get to see her on the other end.
Because I know no matter what Jules will repeat the same or more for me in a heartbeat .
My life thrives on her smiles, laughter, taunts, her taste and the gleaming eyes when she sees me after exhausting days.
I feel like the luckiest bastard alive.

Like now, Her laughter filling the room enchanting every corner like rains do to dry soil. She doesn't even know how her mere existence is boon to the world.
Okay! Maybe I'm exaggerating.
But still to the people she cares about.
Like Ava whom she is talking right now on FaceTime.

Her back faces me. She is sitting in the balcony on the wooden chair.
And guess what she is wearing my t-shirt.
Okay! I dressed her in my t-shirt deliberately. I feel proud and connected. No matter how much I pretend sulking about her stealing my clothes later. I doubt she knows too.

Last night she fell asleep while crying her eyes out. She said as I quote 'how fucking happy they were', ' Even their dogs ended up together' , 'Fuck! Why am I crying then?'.
I confronted her even though the movie had happy ending.
I notice she cries more on happy endings than tragic or sad. Thats maybe because she knows how to deal with demons but savoring happiness  and  basking in peace are new for her or specifically us.
We can work on that together with each other on our sides.
She didn't last long in my embrace when sleep took her over. I stared her long trying to mark freckles in the moonlight.
Her creamy skin looked more radiant like a goddess.

"Josh!! Are you awake look Ava"
I am pulled out of my thoughts. When Jules shouts at the top of her lungs. As if I'm miles away instead 3 feets.

I remove the comforter from my half naked body. I think I should put on my shirt before appearing. It's not like Ava never saw me shirtless parading in the home showing off my body like the masterpiece which is nothing less than Mona Lisa.
But right now 8AM in the morning I don't want to give Ava images of last night. I guess she won't appreciate much.
.
"The movie was fucking amazing. I knew it was your choice. You are the best Chen." Jules continues her rambling about yesterday.

"That isn't what you say every night" I step behind Jules hovering over her chair.she looks so small and innocent.
Her cheeks redden instantly. My favourite kind of sport.

" Gross! What I said about 'no talking about your sex life in front of me'."

Shit!

.
Remember about not giving images to my baby sister.
Let's just say I'm not good in keeping promises.

I shift my attention from Jules to Ava.
Who now air quotes  the sentence. Then rests a hand on the swell of her belly.

Ava is 4 months pregnant now and expecting twins.
I was over the moon when she and Alex came to us to announce the news. It was the rarest of the time I saw Alex eyes soften and shining with twitch in his lips.
Instantly I lifted Ava in a bear hug almost crushing her until Alex took her away.
Shielding her till I'm back from the cloud nine. To which Ava only laughed and called him ultra paranoid.
I laughed like maniac then launched to Alex for congratulatory hug.
To my surprise he returned the embrace. I suspect he was either fighting or hiding the tears.

A smile appears on my face at the memory. She looks healthy and almost shining.
Still I'm in doubt so "Have you taken your medicine. What did the OB-GYN say about diet?. You shouldn't have deficiencies Ava. I'm dead serious."