two

Lloyd and Y/n were down in the medical bay, Y/n bandaging the arm of an officer who'd fallen in his escape from the darkness

Lloyd and Y/n were down in the medical bay, Y/n bandaging the arm of an officer who'd fallen in his escape from the darkness. She finished off her roll of gauze, tucking it into one of the many even loops she'd wound around the officer's arm to keep it sealed.

"There you go," she said, helping him off of the table. "Come back if that arm gives you any more trouble."

"Thank you," the officer said sincerely before heading back above deck.

Y/n sighed as she packed up her medical equipment, making Lloyd frown. "You okay?" he asked.

"Yeah," she said, pushing the kit under the table. "I just . . . I can hear the wind whispering." Y/n almost laughed at how silly it sounded.

"What is it telling you?" questioned Lloyd.

"I don't know," she admitted. "But it's like I'm hearing the Oni. I can feel their hunger for destruction." Y/n looked down at her hands. "Sometimes I can't tell if it's their thoughts or mine." She hoisted herself up onto the table.

Lloyd sat down beside her. "What do you mean?"

"It's like they're . . . poisoning me," Y/n whispered. "It's making me think things. Dark things." She shivered. "It scares me."

Lloyd carefully took her hand in his. "Hey, you're okay. Don't worry. I won't let anything happen to you."

"I'm not scared about myself. I'm scared of myself," Y/n said, finally turning to look at him. "If something were to happen, can you promise me that you'll be able to do what you must?"

Lloyd felt his mouth go dry. "I-"

"Lloyd, please get over here," Jay pleaded through their earpieces. "Your dad really freaks me out."

ଘ(੭ˊᵕˋ)੭* ੈ✩‧₊

Up in the cockpit, the ninja were working to get as far from the corrupted city as possibly. Cole leaned over to Nya, who was steering. "How far, Nya?"

"We're going as fast as we can, but this ship needs some fine tuning for sure," she reported.

Jay busily typed away on the keyboard, glancing around nervously. He nearly jumped out of his skin when he noticed the Lord of Destruction hovering over his shoulder.

Garmadon looked down at the array of buttons as if judging them. "Hmm."

Jay yelped in surprise and jumped away. "Am I the only one freaking out about this?!" he hissed to Kai.

"Why freak out? Our derange, psychotic, arch-nemesis is now our house guest," the spiky-haired boy said sarcastically, glaring at Garmadon.

"I find the term 'freak out' inadequate and imprecise," Zane commented. "I prefer to say I am deeply troubled."