four

Clouds drifted lazily by, blissfully unaware that the world was ending

Clouds drifted lazily by, blissfully unaware that the world was ending. Y/n sat atop the Bounty's vermillion mast, letting her legs dangle over thin air. Her eyebrows were furrowed in a contemplative expression. She kept playing it back in her head.

Cole grabbing her hand.

The ladder snapping.

Her letting go.

The terror on his face as the darkness overtook him.

Y/n's mind swam with thoughts about what she should have done. She should have held on tighter. She should have known the ladder was about to give way. She should have been stronger. The thoughts were a storm in her head, swirling madly around. Y/n squeezed her eyes closed, trying to stop the voices swimming through her brain.

They refused to quiet, instead crescendoing.

Y/n felt her head throb, tears stinging her eyes. Faintly, she thought heard someone call her name. She didn't respond, her memories fully seizing her consciousness and attention.

ଘ(੭ˊᵕˋ)੭* ੈ✩‧₊

Y/n found herself in the dark, run-down interior of a wooden house. Tattered curtains billowed mysteriously in a nonexistent breeze, allowing light to peek through the jagged windows. Miscellaneous trinkets lay scattered across the floor. The space was eerily quiet, immediately putting Y/n on edge.

"What is this place . . ?" she whispered to herself.

"Wow, I'm hurt."

Her entire body tensed as she whirled to face the source of the voice. She froze when she saw who was in the room with her: choppy raven hair, charcoal black eyes, signature green-dyed streak. He lounged on a velvet couch that was pushed up against the wall.

"You don't remember?" he went on. "This is the place where you and your little friends killed me." He touched a finger to his chin as if deep in thought. "Oh, but I was already dead, wasn't I?"

"Morro," Y/n spat, sending him a hard stare. "How are you . . ?" She gestured to the area around them, unsure of how to phrase this.

"You can't kill a ghost, Y/n," Morro said with a casual shrug.

Y/n scowled, unimpressed with his explanation. "What are you doing here?"

"Honestly? I'm here to help you." She burst out laughing as Morro watched, looking impatient. "Are you done?" he asked, exasperated.

Y/n regained her bearings. "Sorry, just . . . excuse me? Last I checked, you were possessing my boyfriend and trying to take over Ninjago with an army of ghosts. Why would you help me?"