Candy-Coated Chaos

The morning bathes the kitchen in a bright glow as sunlight streams through the windows, illuminating my dilemma—I've run out of food. I have dialled my mother, who promises to be back in two days. While relief washes over me, the threat of being grounded for life looms if the house is messy. Fortunately, it's in pristine condition, and Espresso, for now, is on his best behaviour. Glancing into the living room, I find him basking in the sun in his little bed. Lloyd was right—cats do enjoy sunbathing. I give the furry ball a gentle pet, feeling the warmth of his fur from the sun. Winter is slowly giving way to spring, a pleasant transition. Despite the serene scene, the pressing issue remains—I need to go grocery shopping!

I step into the monorail, a futuristic marvel that never fails to impress. The crowded interior doesn't deter my excitement as I secure a seat and peer out the window. The moment it takes off, the sensation of a train floating in the air still manages to surprise me. Laziness triumphs over walking today, and I opt for the monorail to take me to the bustling centre of Ninjago, where all the action awaits.

As the train swiftly reaches my stop, I disembark and find myself surrounded by towering buildings that exude an air of pride, mirroring the confidence of the city's inhabitants. The landscape is adorned with countless advertisements, each vying for attention, and numerous promising destinations catch my eye.

My attention is particularly drawn to a shop that I unconsciously stumble upon, and there it stands in all its glory—a colossal sweets shop, a beacon for anyone with a sweet tooth like mine.

I step into the sweets haven, greeted by walls adorned in baby pink and blue, reminiscent of a retro paradise. The air is instantly filled with a delightful mix of various candies and chocolates, creating an enticing aroma that captures my senses. The sight of countless aisles, each filled with an array of sugary delights, is nothing short of astonishing.

As I wander through the aisles, my eyes dance over the vast selection of goodies. Candy floss, chocolates infused with fruity flavours, and a variety of sodas I've never tasted before line the shelves. The assortment is overwhelming, with jars and containers filled with lollypops, jellybeans, marshmallows, gummies, and more. The gumballs, in particular, catch my eye; their vibrant colours and hard shells promise a satisfying crunch. I can't resist the temptation and grab a little bag, eagerly filling it with these circular treats.

Humming to myself in delight, I continue exploring the sweet wonderland, contemplating which other delights might find their way into my basket.

While pondering the eternal debate of milk chocolate versus white chocolate, a distinctive laugh pierces the air, echoing through the aisles like a mischievous melody. "MWHUHAHA!" it exclaims. Curiosity piqued, I follow the sound, only to discover a kid expressing their unbridled love for candy. "I love candy!" the kid repeats.

Amused, I continue adding milk chocolates to my bag when I spot the source of the commotion—an unmistakable bowl-cut blonde kid with a contagious sense of humour. Trying to stifle my laughter, I turn away, not wanting to burst into giggles at the sight of the comical bowl cut.

Just then, a familiar shout reverberates through the store: "Lloyd! Get back over here!" The kid, seemingly unfazed, begins stuffing sweets into his pockets, attempting to make a swift escape. I decide to intervene, grabbing the back of his jumper. He turns around, shooting me an unimpressed look that leaves me momentarily stunned. Is this some bizarre dream? The kid before me looks exactly like a younger version of Lloyd.

As if things weren't strange enough, Kai charges into the aisle, shouting, "Lloyd Montgomery Garmadon, you stop this silly behaviour right this instant!" The surreal scene continues as little Lloyd, in defiance, sticks out his tongue and blows raspberries at Kai. I'm left utterly bewildered—this couldn't possibly be the same person I'm interested in. The transformation is nothing short of a personality switch-up, turning my expectations on their head.