006. the ghost

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

    Empire State Of Mind: JAY-Z, Alicia Keys

"This is not good!" Jack stresses as we try to break the car windows. "I had a dream I was buried once."

"Of course you have." I retort and Mac scoffs.

"How'd it end?" Riley asks.

"I died, that's how it ended!" Jack tells her.

"We're not gonna die." I turn away from the window.

"Yeah, that's what Jimmy Hoffa kept telling himself."

"Who?" Riley questions.

"Seriously?"

"Well, I'm sorry I don't know every one of your hillbilly cousins, Jack."

"Jimmy Hoffa was not a hillbilly cousin. Never mind. Never mind."

"How much longer we got?" Riley turns to me and Mac.

"About an hour." I check my watch.

"Maybe more." Mac adds.

"What?" Jack and Riley gape.

"Hey! Hey, hey!" I stop the pair from hitting the windows and the sunroof. "We conserve oxygen."

"If we exert ourselves, we have about fifteen minutes, maybe less." Mac nods. "If that."

"Seriously?" Jack murmurs.

"Yeah."

"I'll choose the longer option."

"Next time you say, I know how to get away from 'em, let's all take a vote for Lina before you decide to drive us into a ditch." Riley remarks.

"They ran us off the road! You saw it. You were right there. And second of all, next time we're fleeing some-some tin pot dictator with his computer thingy that controls his air defense system, I'll put our escape route to a quorum, alright? Is that fine with you?" Jack shoots back.

"You're not using the word quorum right."

"Help me out here, guys."

"A quorum doesn't mean a vote, Jack; it means you have the right amount of people present to vote." I inform.

"I stand by the spirit of my words. Anybody wanna quorumour our escape?" Jack goes on.

"Ugh." Riley shakes her head.

"No time." Mac says. "You two, in back now."

"Riley, c'mon." I grab Riley and she switch places with Mac before Jack joins in.

"Hey, don't let me die this way." Jack holds up a warning finger.

"Don't tempt me."

"Mac."