033. set my soul alight

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

  Supermassive Black Hole: The Muse

"Miss Petronis." The nurse's voice echoes through my ears as I walk down the hallway after giving a blood transfusion for Cage. "Miss Petronis." She repeats as I head into the lobby. "You gave three quartz of blood, you need to—" She cuts herself off as I peel the sticker and bandaid off my arm. "She can't more than thirty feet, or she will pass out."

My ears begin to ring and I look at Cage's dry blood on my hands from when I found her in her house. My phone now rings and I take it out. I look at the blocked number and place it to my ear.

"Hello, Amanda." Murdoc laughs. "Did you get my gift?"

I clench my jaw and tears fill my angry eyes. I turn as the others walk over to me. I drop my phone in the garbage pail and head out of the hospital. I make my way into the parking lot and get in my car. I head inside and close the door. I put the keys in the ignition and drive off, keeping my gaze forward.

   •❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

"Lina." Riley gets up as I enter.

"Woah, Lina. Hey, hey, hey. Look at me." Jack heads over to me. "This is not your fault. Not in the slightest. But you need to drink something right now. You gave three quarts of blood and you're as white as Casper the Ghost. Go on, now." He holds out water to me.

"Which one of you is Lina Petronis?" A nurse walks over and I head towards her. "She said she's sorry she spoiled your Christmas party." She grins before heading back and the others hug each other.

I turn and make my way towards the doors. I enter the parking lot and take out my keys. I press the button and my alarm beeps. Mac beats me to it and gets in the driver's seat. I head in the passenger, not in the mood to argue at all. I close the door and put on my seatbelt.

I lean my arm over the ledge and look out the window with glassy eyes. I hear the engine start and we take off. My phone then goes off and I pull it out. I look at Fitz's name on the screen and I roll down my window. I drop my phone and roll the window back up. I place my arm back on the ledge and then place my fist under my chin.

     •❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

"The nurse and Jack are right. You need to eat and drink. Your blood levels as too low." Mac follows me inside his house.

"I'm fine." I reply. "Here." I hand him his dad's gift.

"My dad's Christmas gift? Why did you bring this to the hospital?" He takes it.

"Cause I know how you are when you get upset. Your brain needs something to chew on, and I couldn't find a Rubik's Cube. Besides, as far as Christmas gifts go, that one takes the blue ribbon. My curiosity is killing me."